You are one of 38,000

loz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to BSKYB results published today

Sky launched high definition TV services on 22 May 2006 and there were 38,000 Sky HD subscribers at 30 June 2006. The total number of bookings to date is around 90,000 and after some initial delays, the Group currently expects to install all of these orders by September 2006. Sky Sports HD has covered nearly 50 days of live cricket including three England Test matches, five England One-Day Internationals and 24 domestic matches. In addition to England’s busy summer of cricket, Sky Sports HD will be showing coverage of the 2006 Ryder Cup, Guinness Premiership Rugby, and Coca Cola League, Carling Cup, UEFA Champions League and Barclays Premiership football, all live and in high definition.

Interesting, though perhaps not surprising, that they only chose to comment on sports content.

you've posted this in a general Sky forum (there's no SkyHD forum) so there's people who aren't with SkyHD and this post will now mean nothing to them

mmace said:
you've posted this in a general Sky forum (there's no SkyHD forum) so there's people who aren't with SkyHD and this post will now mean nothing to them

He specifically mentions Sky HD in his post?

the title's mis-leading for the majority of people in this forum as the majority don't have HD

I was supposed to have skyhd installed on the 24th may. i pre-ordered it in feb and then sky rang me up the weekend before the install to say they didn't have any boxes and if would be prepared to wait a month more i could have £10 off the £300 i spend in the first place. Yeah cheers sky, on second thoughts I'd just like my sky box and you can stick your £10 up your ****:mad: . why should i have to wait a nother month, i ordered it ages ago. I then phoned up to cancel my install and when i finally had spoken to 4 people they agreed to do the install a week after they had originally intended. (as an aside i do now have skyhd and am very happy with it). sorry i just had to let off some steam!!!

mmace said:

Well there was a Sky HD forum, then there wasn't when I posted this, but there is now :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom