Yorkshire Wildlife Park - A Selection

@Home

All Taken with D7000 + 55-300VR Nikkor.

Straight out of the camera - Cropped a couple thats all.

Let me know what you think?

1:
DSC_3491.jpg

2:
DSC_3498.jpg

3:
DSC_3526.jpg

4:
DSC_3516.jpg

5:
DSC_3535.jpg

6:
DSC_3545.jpg

7:
Crop1.jpg

8:
DSC_3561.jpg

9:
Crop2.jpg

Hope their not too boring - C&C?

Thanks for looking.

shotokan101

Banned
Lovely set - I like them all - bird shots are great but my favourit is #4 - great capture :smashin:

Jim

senu

Distinguished Member
Not boring at all but colors are a tad subdued but very natural was it a dull day?
Otherwise Exposure and focus are spot on
Like 8 and 9
My only other comment is that subject in dead centre of frame takes a bit away from the picture ( rule of thirds) .This is not the case with # 7 8 and 9

tcr4x4

Could so with some contrast boost as like Senu says they are very flat. Typical grey British day, a little tweak here and there would make a big difference.

@Home

Yes it was a dull day in parts.
I must try to remember about the dead centre of frame thing.
I had the camera set on neutral.

Thanks for the comments & thanks for looking

@Home

Could so with some contrast boost as like Senu says they are very flat. Typical grey British day, a little tweak here and there would make a big difference.

Do you have any suggestions on what tweaks I could apply?

Cheers

tcr4x4

Depends on your software. In Lightroom I'd maybe add some contrast and a bit of clarity, plus pull the recovery up a little. I presume you shot JPG not RAW.

tcr4x4

Lightroom has a recovey slider. It recovers the highlights and the shadows that have clipped. Doesnt work as well with JPG though.

bstonehouse

Nice set, well exposed and focussed, but they just look a bit flat, could do with a bit of a contrast boost. Maybe crop some to place the subject away from the centre and in future frame then to keep the subject away from the centre. The bird photos are very good esp. 8 and 9.

@Home

Thanks to you all for the comments. I have a little play with the RAW files in PS & here is one I have 'tinkered' with.

Let me know what you think? Better, worse or no different?

DSC_3491-1.jpg

Cheers

shotokan101

Banned
It's a bit better - greens are more saturated and the black on the animals is darker - tail is still clipped though :devil: :laugh:

Jim

shotokan101

Banned

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom