• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

YOOBAO Rev 2: AVOID

e23

Crap cases.

Lock/unlocks the device constantly if the cover isn't firmly held in place. Had my iPad in my bag and all I could hear was the constant clicking you hear whenever you open it.

Unfinished edges: Sure it's real leather etc but the edges on both of my cases looks just plain rough and inconsistent. It's smooth in places but not in others.

Ports aren't lining up: Access isn't an issue but everything is off centre. My black case is worse then my red, but no matter how much I push the iPad in there, nothing seems to centre on either.

Chemical smell: I thought this issue was meant to be fixed? If you smell each case up close you get a faint whiff of leather which is good, but otherwise all you can smell is whatever chemical they used to stick this thing together. Both of my cases are outside in a vain attempt to air them out.

Seems Yoobao isn't completely unaware of the smell issue either, both my cases weren't fully sealed in their plastic bags and an opening was left for them to air.

Completely disappointed, both cases will be going back this week. :mad:

donka

I disagree. I got a couple of rev. 2a a couple of days ago and they are excellent cases. Very little smell - mostly polished leather. Ports all line up more or less perfectly - the only one that was close to being off was the rear camera. I agree with the front cover sometimes activating/deactivating the smart cover feature but that was all dependant on where it was being carried - I had already decided I would deactivate this feature as it is simple to unlock the device and it saves battery life.
For me, it is close to perfect but I have read of a real variance in the finish of these cases so I know some people will receive a case that is not all it should be.

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I feel the urge to give my comments, just so that the discussion is fai..

I have had my Yoobao (V2) case for a few weeks and my comments are as such.

1. Smells of leather. No smell of chemicals AT ALL (Positive)

2. Leather Edging not perfect.. Have to agree with the OP Some of the cuts aren't straight but its not the end of the world and some show exposed leather, where as others are black, smooth and polished. (Negative)

3. Sleep Function. Waste of time. As the OP has noticed, a slight movement of the flap causes it to constantly wake up, sleep.. In the end I turned off the sleep all together (Big Negative)

4. Finish. Very nice (Positive)

5. Sockets/ports/connectors lining up.. They arn't 100% central, but all of the cutouts lineup with all of my connectors.. Some are in the middle.. Some are towards the left or right of the cutout, but none misalign. It could be better for sure but is fine. (Neutral)

In my opinion, the case is fine and despite its flaws, I would still recommend it..

Jon

wright8

I also have v2 and mine has no smell, holes are fine. almost perfect but I'm sure it's hard to get every case cut perfectly. I agree with the flap moving and activating the sleep function. u would have to turn this feature off if u put it into a bag cause ur battery would be gone by the time u use it again.

but it's a great finish, very slim and feels great in the hand. also both stands work well

also mine was sealed in it's box when delivered from USA.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the best app. AVForum

johnny-17

just got this cover this week and so far it's really good.

Smells of leather just like any new leather product usually does. ( Mind you if you wear a lot of man made shoes then this may not appeal of course )

Sleep wake function works exactly as it should.

Overall quality is very good and as I expected. Louis Vuitton it ain't, but for £30 quid what do you expect ?

I really like the concept of the smart cover but at the end of the day it really is 'too' smart for me and the Yoobao is a much safer bet. :smashin:

Version 2 arrived

Case stinks of chemicals
Cut outs don't fit
Doesn't make iPad sleep
If folded back and touching the rear aluminium iPad sleeps,

Utter crap very dissappointed!!

wright8

Danny133 said:
Version 2 arrived

Case stinks of chemicals
Cut outs don't fit
Doesn't make iPad sleep
If folded back and touching the rear aluminium iPad sleeps,

Utter crap very dissappointed!!

send it back. it is NOT a version 2. all those problems have been solved. I got mine from USA from eBay. couldn't find a uk seller. deffo not a v2. sorry mate.

donka

Agreed. All those issues are fixed on the v2. Sounds like they are selling off the v1 hence the cheaper price.

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom