1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yoko passive sub.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Subwoofer70, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Subwoofer70

Subwoofer70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a Yoko passive sub with a 12" driver in my bedroom for the last 10 years, it is still going great guns...I was wondering if anyone out there had ever heard of them cos there does not seem to be any info on the www about them....

Thanks all
    Pete.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pete i have to say i have never heard of that make before, do you have any pictures of it to post so we can see?

John

3. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Hi Pete,

I have just been up in the attic gazing wistfully at my Yoko subsat system which I bought about 10 years ago when I first entered the world of home cinema.

As far as I know, Yoko was/is a Korean budget-level speaker manufacturer. I had mine in service up to two years ago when I upgraded to the Kef Eggs. The Yoko originally cost me about £100 but sounded very acceptable as entry-level speakers. I watched many a good film over the years with these speakers.

Regards,

BrianPK

4. Subwoofer70

Subwoofer70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have mine paired up with a set of Mission M721Pro bookshelf speakers and sound really well when listening to rock, dance...sound awful when listening to anything with strings.