YODEL speedy service

Reaction score
I really am starting to think, someone is not getting their xmas present this year as i really have no faith in this arriving !!!! :thumbsdow

The parcel has been sorted at our hub (PRIME SORT) 13th Dec 2011 16:28

The parcel has been received into depot (BAM_BRIDGE DEPOT) 14th Dec 2011 18:21

The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van (BAM_BRIDGE VAN) 16th Dec 2011 08:22

The parcel is in the Depot (BAM_BRIDGE DEPOT) 16th Dec 2011 21:29

The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van (BAM_BRIDGE VAN) 19th Dec 2011 07:13

The parcel is in the Depot (BAM_BRIDGE DEPOT) 19th Dec 2011 18:20

The parcel is in the Depot (BAM_BRIDGE DEPOT) 19th Dec 2011 22:45

The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van (BAM_BRIDGE VAN) 20th Dec 2011 10:56

The parcel is in the Depot (BAM_BRIDGE DEPOT) 20th Dec 2011 21:58

The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van (BAM_BRIDGE VAN) 21st Dec 2011 11:35

Oh dear you!
Try ringing the depot directly as it looks like they are loading the parcel onto the wrong van due to a postcode glitch.

In their defence, I came back from picking the girlfriend up on Friday, and a white van was blocking the street so I couldn't get parked outside my house. The driver had just been to a neighbour's door, then to ours before apologising for blocking the road, and driving off.

I parked up and there was a 'sorry you were out' card through the door and he'd left the parcel with a neighbour. This might seem like pretty standard practice, but it was almost 11pm on a Friday night and he was still making deliveries!

We just had a delivery via Yodel. Ordered on Monday evening and delivered at 3 pm today, Wednesday.:thumbsup:

Bunch of cowboys. Aka home delivery network

I had presents to get collected and delivered from these. 3 failed collections. Even as priority collection

Ring depot and try and arrange to collect it

You think that's bad, just look at this from a parcel that I am trying to send to someone that they bought from me on ebay. The buyer is being ok about it, but I will have to give a refund soon if it hasn't arrived for Christmas.

21/12/11 17:53 These goods are in our network.
21/12/11 17:41 There was no one to receive the goods at the delivery point so a card was left.
21/12/11 09:23 These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today.
19/12/11 10:56 These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today.
15/12/11 01:18 These goods have successfully arrived at the Depot ready for delivery.
13/12/11 18:49 These goods have been scanned at the collection Depot and are now on route to the delivery Depot.
12/12/11 13:43 The collection Depot has received your instructions and a driver has been scheduled to make the collection.

The Citylink customer service apologised to me this morning and said they have a lot of agency drivers at the moment, almost apologising that agency = crap. I'm clearly over generalising here and obviously a lot of agency workers do a perfectly adequate job, just whichever one is driving around Hatfield/Luton in a City Link van is not!

I've heard from the person I was sending this to and they were in all day and no card was left. Surprise, surprise!

The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van (BAM_BRIDGE VAN) 21st Dec 2011 11:35
The parcel has been delivered (BAM_BRIDGE DEPOT) 21st Dec 2011 21:23

Are they taking the **** !!!!!!!! Nothing has been received :|

GRRRRRR

Think I may know where Yodel/HDNL went wrong. It's well known that John Cleese made a number of training videos in his post-Python days. Yodel clearly thought this was one of them:

My parcel that was collected on the 13th Dec was finally delivered yesterday 22nd Dec, only 6 days later than it should have been. So much for next day delivery!

YODEL is trash! I ordered something from Amazon, sent via Yodel.

Nothing came within 5 days, checked Amazons tracking (my tracking number wouldn't work on Yodels wensite. Said they tried to deliver it but nothing has appeared no calling card nothing. Called them up and they said they need to interview the driver to find out what happened, magically the next day a calling card appeared in our post box dated the day they previously said they tried to deliver it (won't accept the tracking number in Yodels website).

No amount of calling them would get them to redeliver it, they don't deliver on Saturdays, not even at an extra cost, won't deliver to my folks place. After 3 weeks it went back to Amazon.

My wife on the other hand. She had the same trouble, but Yodel told her its been delivered and signed for, none of our neighbors took delivery of it (They'd let us know since they normally do take our deliveries if we are out), Yodel say its been delivered, no one seems to have this package.

Safe to say, if I see Yodel is the delivery company for someone, I'd try get it elsewhere who use someone else.

Bunch of cowboys. Aka home delivery network

I had presents to get collected and delivered from these. 3 failed collections. Even as priority collection

Ring depot and try and arrange to collect it

Not always possible, for instance, the depot closest to me is over an hour away.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS.....

knock knock at 8pm this evening..... who is it.... YODEL delivery driver with a parcel for me, the one i was waiting for which they claimed was delivered on the tracking information the other day. To top it all off, the ebay seller sent one out yesterday special delivery as it was a xmas gift and because YODEL claimed it was delivered when infact it wasnt.

I received one this morning as promised and received the original one at 8pm this evening.

Shocking

I've only ever had one parcel delivered by them...

Despite paying extra for next day delivery it took 6 days.

The store did its part, shipped it within an hour but Yodel soon made sure that was irrelevant.

had deliveries by yodel in little PEUGEOT PARTNER vans which are tiny, really not the thing you'd expect a deliverly company to use, and also had deliveries made by people driving their own bangers such as a clio, wearing there own clothes (i.e no work wear or logo)

I ordered a kinect from amazon.

When they delivered, no one was home so they just threw it over my gates, found it later that day in the middle of my driveway when i came home...had been raining all day, which wasnt good!

Amazon were very good about it and just sent a new one.

had deliveries by yodel in little PEUGEOT PARTNER vans which are tiny, really not the thing you'd expect a deliverly company to use, and also had deliveries made by people driving their own bangers such as a clio, wearing there own clothes (i.e no work wear or logo)

so what's the problem?

Is there a problem with the service? or are you just complaining about their attire and vehicle(which is usually their own rather than owned by the company)

I doubt most couriers note in their terms and conditions that all drivers and employees will be wearing some sort of uniform, UPS maybe, but in my experience using My hermes the guy calls up in his 306 estate with a pair of jeans on and either a t-shirt of a jacket if it's raining.

His car and clothes have never had an adverse effect on the delivery of my items, so im really confused about what point your trying to make.

:rolleyes:

Singh400 said:
Ah crap, why did they stop using HDNL? :(

Yodel is hdnl. They merged with part of dhl.

I have to admit I was impressed when I whacked an order through for some Nespresso pods on Tuesday and they came on Wednesday (supposed to be 3-4 day delivery IIRC). Normally out here in the sticks parcels don't come until the very end of the delivery window.

Looks like i have my studio monitors and new amp stuck at the keighley distribution centre...wont get them now till wed onwards ...:(

I can see them losing a lot of business from amazon etc if they let customers down

I must have been lucky with Yodel then. No problems with Amazon goods, delivered as promised.

Best delivery experience I have had was today with Royal Mail. Ordered something on Amazon yesterday at 12:47pm, it was free super saver delivery, dispatch email received at 15:33, delivery estimate 31st Dec and the parcel turned up this morning. Very surprised :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom