• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ylod..can i ever retrieve my online mw2

got ylod on my 40gb ps3 ten minutes into modern warfare 2 today..flashing red light then cuts out, sometimes stays on for a few minutes so managed to get the disc out but thats it

Ive worked hard for a 2.6 kdr prestige 7 on mw2 and wondered if there is anyway i can sign in to my account on a new ps3 or anyother way of retrieving my data and not have to start mw2 online from scratch

:(

Fmrl

got ylod on my 40gb ps3 ten minutes into modern warfare 2 today..flashing red light then cuts out, sometimes stays on for a few minutes so managed to get the disc out but thats it

Ive worked hard for a 2.6 kdr prestige 7 on mw2 and wondered if there is anyway i can sign in to my account on a new ps3 or anyother way of retrieving my data and not have to start mw2 online from scratch

:(

Your online stats are held on the servers so everything will be there waiting for you when you sort out your PS3. Good luck.

oakwood49

all ONLINE stats stored ONLINE :)

just restore your PSN_ID to the new ps3 and when you go online with the game your stats will be there

all OFFLINE saves WONT BE :thumbsdow

thank god for that, all i have to do now is remember my password as i had it set to auto sign in:facepalm:

i bought my ps3 qhen 40gb first came out few years ago
do i ring sony or just buy a new slim

Fmrl

thank god for that, all i have to do now is remember my password as i had it set to auto sign in:facepalm:

i bought my ps3 qhen 40gb first came out few years ago
do i ring sony or just buy a new slim

IMO it's always worth calling Sony to see what repair/replace options they might offer you. Dunno if this works out cheaper in the long run though (AFAIK, refurbs have a shortish warranty).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom