• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yipee Kiyaaa!!!

Dave P

Finally got me HD installed and I'm very impressed.

There is a definate improvement over SD on HDMI.

However, I find it incredulous that some people say they cannot notice a difference over HD to SD. The difference is gob smacking!! Watched the Galapogos trailer and was well impressed.

Really looking foward to a) Maiden at Earls Court tonight and b) watching some serious tele over the festive period.

Merry Xams all.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
It's been a struggle but you finally got there:)

kevmarshall

Don't you just love that Beverlie one?;)

Dave P

Oh indeedy. First thing I did was send her a thankyou email.

It proves my point tho. Having worked for 10 years on a large technical helpdesk for Commercial Union, I know as well as everyone else that there is always somebody within an organisation that large that can speak to someone else and get things done. That's why I get so fed up with the number trained monkeys that normally man the phones. I'm not saying that as some sort of by the way comment, I've had first hand experience of them and all they are trained to do is spout the company line, answer as many calls as possible and then get rid. It all makes great stats for their supervisors come review time but adds up to poor customer service.
I better get off me soap box now, who got me started on helpdesks? Oh, I did, that's right.

Merry Xams all once more (even the helpdesk monkeys!)

M

MACK 1

Pleased to hear you are happy with end result after all the probs.
I was due to have my HD fitted on the 13th Dec. but it was re-scheduled to the 23rd (today) as they needed a heights team to do the roof work.

After no pre 9.00am call and hearing nothing by 10.00am I phoned Sky and after 2hrs of calls to and from Sky I was first of all told the fitter was delayed at an earlier job but as soon as he was finished he would call in and Sky would let me know when he would be arriving.

Not more than 5 mins. after this I received another call from a different person at Sky to say that the fitter had went sick and gone home. (heard this one was used to someone else on this site) I left the poor girl in no doubt as to how I did not believe this hogwash as only a few minutes earlier I had been told he was at another job but was just delayed.
I was then given a further date for the 3rd Jan. 2007...I will not be holding my breath.
I did however receive a call at 5.00pm tonight from someone at Sky apologising and blaming a sub contracter for the problem.

Ah well ! never mind... tis the season to be jolly.

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
Pleased to hear you are happy with end result after all the probs.
I was due to have my HD fitted on the 13th Dec. but it was re-scheduled to the 23rd (today) as they needed a heights team to do the roof work.

After no pre 9.00am call and hearing nothing by 10.00am I phoned Sky and after 2hrs of calls to and from Sky I was first of all told the fitter was delayed at an earlier job but as soon as he was finished he would call in and Sky would let me know when he would be arriving.

Not more than 5 mins. after this I received another call from a different person at Sky to say that the fitter had went sick and gone home. (heard this one was used to someone else on this site) I left the poor girl in no doubt as to how I did not believe this hogwash as only a few minutes earlier I had been told he was at another job but was just delayed.
I was then given a further date for the 3rd Jan. 2007...I will not be holding my breath.
I did however receive a call at 5.00pm tonight from someone at Sky apologising and blaming a sub contracter for the problem.

Ah well ! never mind... tis the season to be jolly.

Bah Humbug - after 2 missed installations - you need to try to gain as much compo as you can. Email all the head honchos at BSkyB and kick up a fuss. Best of luck :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom