Yi home cameras and new EE router

littlesheepy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of the indoor yi home cameras but have had to replace my EE router with a newer smart one. I no longer see the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks separately to choose what to connect to, the router is ‘smart’ and chooses itself apparently. So now I’m unable to connect the cameras as they’re not compatible with 5ghz. Any ideas if/how I can connect these to the new router please? I do have have some Tenda WiFi extenders/nodes but I think I’m going to have to leave them unplugged as they seem to cause more problems with other devices.
Many thanks :)

The BT router I had was the same, it was possible on the BT router to separate them via the web interface.
This was for a different device but with the same limitations and issues connecting to a combined WiFi AP.

I left the 24ghz with the original name but added 5G on the end for the other band, once setup my devices can still connect even of the bands are joined back together. It was just the initial setup that didn't work.

Last edited:
Wonderful, thank you. I’ll see if I can figure out if my EE has the same :)

I'd be surprised if it didn't TBH even my old early sky router offered the option.

A quick Google suggests the wen interface should be available on 192.168.1.254 with the default logon details on a plastic plate or label on the router. Good luck and let us know how you get on or have other issues

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom