1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yey me!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zmbq, Jul 18, 2003.

1. zmbq

zmbq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a lot of consideration, and some very appreciated help from this forum, I finally got my plasma installed. It's a brand new Fujitsu P50XHA (it weighs around 100lbs, an excellent weight for a new-born plasma :) ). The installers did a magnificent job, and not only installed it but cleaned up some of the cable-mess I had in the living room. If anybody in Israel considers buying a plasma, talk to me first and I'll give you the name of one dealer who gives excellent service.

I ordered an iScan Ultra, but it will only arrive next week, so I don't know how much tweaking I should do before it gets here. Right now my DVD (a Sony NS-700) and satellite box are connected to the receiver through an S-Video connection, and the receiver is connected with an S-Video cable to the plasma. The image is stunning.

The only downside is that Zone 1 DVDs seem a bit jumpy when there are a lot of movements (it doesn't happen in TV broadcasts or Zone 2 DVDs). I believe it's because the DVD material is NTSC, and the plasma's 3:2 pulldown implementation isn't all that great. I'm pretty sure it'll be solved once the iScan Ultra is installed, but if I'm wrong and need something else, I'd love to here.

Oh, I'm so giddy, I'm going to skip lunch and play with the TV some more :) Naaah, no WAY I'm missing lunch.

2. zmbq

zmbq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at the display's manual, and I realized that the excellent Wide1 mode, which turns a 4:3 picture into a 16:9 picture while making it seem perfectly natural, isn't supported on RGB inputs, but only on S-Video and Video inputs.

This bothers me, because I plan to hook everything through the iScan Ultra, and connect it to the display's DVI input port. Am I missing something? Will I need to bypass the iScan when watching TV, and only connect the DVD through it? This sort of misses the point, doesn't it?

Thanks,
    Itay.