Answered Yet Another Which TV Should I Purchase

ShinobiAV

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in the market to purchase a new living room TV. Preferably 50-55-58 inches. Budget £500-700 would love a OLED but abit pricey at the moment. There are so many options out there and recommendations! Haven’t been able to get a decisive answer. I watched some AV videos reviews. I been looking at John Lewis (5 Year Guarantee seems good) and at this 58” Panasonic TV is this any good? If not which brand or TV should I get? Please advise and provide recommendations.

It's a tough time to buy now but potentially you may be able to find good deals on clearance 2017 models. The Panasonic you linked is a 2017 model but its price is a bit high.

You will probably be better off getting the Hisense 55U7A instead of that TV if you are restricted to buying from the larger retailers.

Deals like this: Samsung UE55MU9000 55 inch Curved 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV | Crampton and Moore put the Panasonic to shame. You can buy a 5 year warranty for a little extra too.

It is a curved model though.

Samsung UE55MU7000 55" Ultra-HD HDR 1000 Premium Smart LED TV this model would also be better value than the Panasonic.

Problem with shops like John Lewis and other high street retailers is their turnaround is pretty high so you are less likely to find clearance bargains.

It's a tough time to buy now but potentially you may be able to find good deals on clearance 2017 models. The Panasonic you linked is a 2017 model but its price is a bit high.

You will probably be better off getting the Hisense 55U7A instead of that TV if you are restricted to buying from the larger retailers.

Deals like this: Samsung UE55MU9000 55 inch Curved 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV | Crampton and Moore put the Panasonic to shame. You can buy a 5 year warranty for a little extra too.

It is a curved model though.

Samsung UE55MU7000 55" Ultra-HD HDR 1000 Premium Smart LED TV this model would also be better value than the Panasonic.

Problem with shops like John Lewis and other high street retailers is their turnaround is pretty high so you are less likely to find clearance bargains.

Thank you just seen your value thread! I searched for the MU7000 55” on Amazon only the MU700049” one appears and Samsung UE55MU6400 55.

I wonder if anything of value in the Amazon Prime Day Deals.

I just made a sticky for the prime day deals; Prime Day Warning

Basically you are likely only to see small discounts on already overpriced 2018 models. If the Hisense U7A appears there though it may be decent.

You'll need to dig deep to find the right deal on a clearance TV now, searching store by store probably isn't going to help. Try using pricespy.co.uk and google instead.

Both TVs I just linked will be better than any other deal you will find, I don't think they will last for long.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom