1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another SKY+ recording issue??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MitchMCFC, Oct 23, 2005.

1. MitchMCFC

MitchMCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had this one?

Sorry if this has already been covered but last night I recorded Casualty, as the programme neared the end I stopped the recording via the banner as I have it set to 3 minute over-run. (kept missing the end of my recordings! )

I then went into the Planner and Hey Presto - GONE!

Then the whole thing had a complete thromby! I did a Planner Rebuild to see if I could get it back (while being growled at by the wife) but nothing, it then procedded to balls up every recording including Match of the Day (this was now starting to get serious) and in the end I had to switch it off to get some sort of order established with it. (wouldn't tune into any channel and kept coming up "there is a thechnical fault with this channel" or something like that.)

After all that, I decided to watch Soccer AM from the morning and whilst forwarding through the boring bits it suddenly rebooted and once it rebooted and I got back into Soccer AM the bloody thing had forgotton where I was upto with it so I had to forward through the lot again.

This software update (assuming this is to blame, although I have never had all these problems before) is a **** take.

Is it something I am doing, is the 3 minute buffer thing to blame?

Any help would be gratefully welcomed!

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Why did you stop the recording ? It would have stopped itself.

3. MitchMCFC

MitchMCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because I had 2 things on the go straight afterwards (one record and one watch) and didn't want them to clash with the end of Casualty when I knew that Casualty had finished.

I have stopped the recordings this way before without issue.