Yet another request for LCD reccomendations....

tjradiohead

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been around here for a little while now. Bought a Samsung HD plasma a week ago and its going back. The detail especially in black areas is poor, and the blurring when there is panning or fast movement is unbareable. If there is any panning, all detail is lost.

So now i am turning to LCD.

Right, my requirements:

32" or bigger
HDMI
Component (more than one is preferable)
RGB Scart
Good for football
Good for DVD
but most of all, good for GAMING. I have the m$ component pack and running at 720p, will be getting the 360.

Budget is up to around £1200 max. The samsung looks tasty at £800 now the tearing issues seem to be sorted?

Any ideas?? Thanks :hiya:

You can get the excellent Hitachi 32LD7200 for about £1200. Although stocks are very low, if non existant and there is the gamble of getting one with the buzzing noise.

But apart from that the picture is amazing. Excellent through component from DVD, three scart sockets (2 RGB), looks great from my Xbox, HDMI etc etc.

Hmm, that was probably a little more than i was hoping to pay for a 32", if i was going to pay that much out i would proably hope for something bigger :confused:

Why not just go with the Amazing Samsung - more money doesn't always mean better....seems to win all group tests in the mags......

I'm ordering mine this week once I can find some stock !

Samsung LE32R51. Amazing set. Beat the oposition from Sony Toshiba Phillips and Panasonic in Home Cinema choice head to head test....

I am certainly swinging more in that direction.

The only thing that concerns me is i am yet to see a really good picture on an lcd (other than having a pc as an input) admittidly this is because i have gone to all the wrong places, currys etc.

Just frightenend that the football will look as poor as on my samsung plasma :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom