Yet another "Recommend me some headphones" thread!

heathen666

Distinguished Member
Hi, I'm looking to purchase some headphones to use for late night pc gaming / music. I have an Arcam 7R amp which is connected to the sound card of my pc, I'll be plugging the headphones into this amp.

Requirements are:

On Ear design
Minimal sound leakage
Comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time
3m wire

Maximum £100-£120 budget.

I did have a look at some MDR-V700DJ in the local sony centre which seemed quite comfortable and sounded ok with my mp3 player. Do I need to look any further? or is there something better on the market?

Thanks in advance. :smashin:

Member 266567

You might want to consider the Audio-Technica ATH-A700 closed back headphones. They sound very nice, are comfortable for long term use and the closed back reduces the sound leakage. :thumbsup:

It also comes with a 3m cord, but can obviously be extended with a cord extension.

The closed back gives them an excellent bass response and they have a little more of an up-front sound than Sennheisers.

Shaun

heathen666

Distinguished Member
You might want to consider the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 closed back headphones. They sound very nice, are comfortable for long term use and the closed back reduces the sound leakage. :thumbsup:

It also comes with a 3m cord, but can obviously be extended with a cord extension.

The closed back gives them an excellent bass response and they have a little more of an up-front sound than Sennheisers.

Shaun

Hmmm, tried these at a hi-fi shop near my work and they seemed to leak a lot of sound, any alternatives?

WhyAyeMan

Beyerdynamic DT250 (250 ohm version). I really like these. They sound really sweet, are fairly undemanding of electronics, are closed so dont leak much if any, have good bass and will do any music game or movie justice. They dont look particularly fancy but they have great build quality and comfort.

Scottyyy

Hmmm, tried these at a hi-fi shop near my work and they seemed to leak a lot of sound, any alternatives?

That's because AD700s are open, and A700s are closed. You might want to try the A700s. Though personally, I'm not a fan of them - the AD700s sound a lot better in my opinion.

They are definitely not worth the £125 they're listed for in most places, for that price you could probably import Denon AH-D2000s which would blow the A700s away.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom