1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another new user seeking help!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Pimity, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Pimity

Pimity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :p
    I am considering my first digital camcorder having had my Sony 8mm camcorder since 1992. I was on the point of purchasing a Panasonic NV-DS38 but see that earlier this week it was taken out of the Panasonic website to be replaced with the NV-GS3/4/5. I know its only been out for a few weeks but has anyone any experience with this new camcorder?

From reading various articles it seems that DV in and analog in are useful - hence the DS38 but the NV-GS3 has both, is smaller and lighter, and may be more robust. The only thing it lacks is the SD Card Slot. I assume that this is really for still photos. as the max. resolution is .8m pixels as opposed to 2.1 and above for a good digital camera, is this facility worth worrying about? Would it not be better to save a few pounds on the GS5, buy the GS3 and put the savings into a separate dedicated camera, eg a Fuji finepix 2600?

Also what is a SD Voice Recorder - see spec for the GS4?

Any help would be much appreciated

Tim