Yet another how to put this all together plea!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dowzer, May 7, 2007.

1. dowzer

dowzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I know this is asked to death but the more I read the more confused I get!:eek:

How do I connect the following ( what cables do I need?)?

Samsung PS42Q96/97HD (hopefully in a few weeks - 3 HDMI)
    Sony STR700 AV receiver (hdmi splitter 2-1 + component upconversion)
    Infocus In72 projector
    Toshiba 370 dvd player
    Xbox + PS2
    Sky+ Box
    A N OTHER speaker package (still deciding on this)

Is it easy to set everything up so that it is all available for the tv and pj? Do I need separate cables to carry sound and picture to both the tv and pj?

Can the dvd player and sky box be connected to the avr and then to both the tv and pj?

I am so looking forward to my first step into HC and have the pj,dvd player and avr already ordered - only the tv and speakers have to be ordered and dont want to get the pj and then not be able to use it cos I didnt know what cables I would need.

How many (if any) hdmi cables do I need?
    component?
    optical?

I will be soooooo grateful to anyone who takes the time to help me out!:thumbsup:

2. dowzer

dowzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I know you are all fed up of the same old questions!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Cancelled the Sony and got an Onkyo 674 instead!:thumbsup:

Maybe someone will help me out as I have more of an idea after countless hours of study here!

Should I connect the 674 to the Infocus IN72 by HDMI ( upconverts everything to HDMI)? This would mean just 1 cable across the room ( can someone confirm that this means that the sky box,dvd player,xbox or whatever will show the picture with sound on the PJ with just that 1 lead if they are all connected correctly to the amp?)

I believe the sky box will need to be connected to the 674 by s-video + an optical cable for sound? Is this suitable?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-S-Vi...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1178728395&sr=1-8 What about optical cables? Any links to what would do? How many do I need? Do I need 1 for the sky box,1 for the xbox or PS2 ( only 1 will be connected at a time), what about the dvd player? Can i connect it with just an hdmi lead or does it need a cable for the sound as well?:rotfl:

I cant get my head around how to connect all up so that if I switch on the xbox + pj I get pic + sound for that but if I switch on the xbox + tv i get it for that.:confused: Do I just need to use 1 HDMI cable and stick it into either the PJ or tv as required? Or can I connect eg everything by component to the tv and leave the hdmi for the pj? Would 1 component + optical to the tv suffice? :oops: Did I say I had more of an idea?:eek:

COME ON!!! I know you lot are dying to help me out!:lease: I really want to order all the cables/leads asap as the amp is here,the pj should be next week and I am close to ordering the tv.