Yet another home cinema help request

DRGP

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would be greatfull for any kind of imput regarding my home cinema kit. I plan on building it in my living room (20 sq meters) (room plan atached), would like to mention that its in a newly build appartment complex inner walls are brick outer walls reinforced concrete. Room has few pieces of furniture as seen on the plan.

Movie watching/music : 70/30
So here's my shopping list so far:
Tv-Panasonic TX-P50GT60E
Receiver - Denon AVR-2113
Floor standers - Monitor Audio Bronze BX5 or BX6
Center - Monitor Audio Bronze BX Center
Shelves-Monitor Audio Bronze BX1 or BX2
Sub - Monitor Audio BXW10
Media Server - Synology DS112

Questions:
Given the room size do I really need the sub ?
Should i give up the sub and replace the floorstanders with Monitor Audio Silver RX6?
Would just the 2 floorstanders suffice the sound requirement for such a room?

I didnt buy anything yet, I am out testing the waters so any kind of imput is highly regarded.

Cherrs,
DRGP

Attachments

• LivingRoom.jpg
    LivingRoom.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
You don't 'need' a sub as such but it does add to your movie enjoyment. Plenty of people leave out the sub but you do end up missing the lower end.

I would take the RX6 over the BX6 as there is not much cost difference - you could start this way and then add a subwoofer later when funds allow.

If you are going to go down the RX6 route I would see if you can find a receiver further up the range - there are some deals around for outgoing receivers that will get you substantial value for money.

Basically if you are going with the BX5 set-up and sub the Denon 2113 will be fine - if you go with the RX6 then the Denon will be limiting the capability of the speakers

Thanks for your answer quantumAV, the thing for which I would skip the sub would be space issue mainly also what higher end receivers would you recommend instead of the Denon what would pair up nicely with the RX6 ?

Maybe look at the Denon AVR3313 if still available or the Marantz SR7007. A Yamaha RXA1020 or even the 2020 would also be suitable options.

As it stands, I see no reason to upgrade anything and there's no reason why you can't use the BX speakers with the receiver you propose. It would make for a well balanced combination. Maybe consider alternatives to the AVR2113 such as the Yamaha RXV673?

By the way, you can use any brand of sub and are not forced to use the same brand as your other speakers. There are cheaper options than the Monitor Audio BXW10.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer quantumAV, the thing for which I would skip the sub would be space issue mainly also what higher end receivers would you recommend instead of the Denon what would pair up nicely with the RX6 ?

All dante's answers are valid as is the one where your receiver is fine for BX

Do you guys think the Denon AVR-X2000 would be better instead of the 2113, been reading few reviews and most say its better and the price difference would be only about 70 euros for me. Guess its worth it , what do you think ?

Do you guys think the Denon AVR-X2000 would be better instead of the 2113, been reading few reviews and most say its better and the price difference would be only about 70 euros for me. Guess its worth it , what do you think ?

I've not heard any of the new Denon models, but have read that they are more clinical in nature than the models they replace. This means you'd need to take more care as to the speakers you partner them with. It is generally suggested you not pair clinical AV receivers with similarly natured speakers and Monitor Audio speakers are clinical in nature. If you do want to go with this years Denon model then I'd suggest you audition prior to making a decision.

Do you think the AVR X2000 would work better with the MA speakers from the Silver series ? And if not what would you recommend ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom