Yet another boring what tv thread

tommo12

Standard Member
I am after a new TV under 55" under £1000 not bothered about 3D any suggestions?
We currently have a Panasonic TX-P42G20B which we want to move to the dining room.
I don't really game but watch a lot of movies.

Been looking at a Sony KDL-50W829B after reading great reviews but had a Sony about 7 years ago which cost me £1700 and the HDMI ports went 3 times and were fixed under warranty so a but skeptical about Sony.

Also looked at the samsung-ps51f5500 and the
panasonic-viera-tx-l50e6b

Are there any others worth looking at or is there a stand out one i should go for?

Thanks in advance
Tommo

vickster

Distinguished Member
I don't think you can base a decision on an issue with a tv seven years ago. Search on here you'll find stories of issues with each and every brand

I'd get the sony

GregHill3

Standard Member
I looked at the 829 at the weekend comparing it to a Panasonic as740, both me and my wife preferred the sony, I will be getting the 55w829, trying to see if JL will be stocking it, as would like their warranty

tommo12

Standard Member
Going with the 50" from john lewis as i had some vouchers to use. inc 5 yr warranty can order today without the free sound bar or next tuesday with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom