1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another advice question? PWD6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cwoj, Oct 30, 2004.

1. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am almost certain to buy the PWD6 from AV-sales, but need some advice about possible connections? I would like to get this ordered by Monday so I would appreciate any info...any at all.

Basically i'd like a system which works well through my amp and gets the most from the kit that i have bought.

Heres what i have at the mo..

Denon 3910 DVD
    Denon 3805 Amp
    Panasonic DMRE100 DVD/HD Recorder
    Sony Freeview Box
    Cheapo VCR (can get rid if need be)
    Kef 9000 speakers

Heres what Santa’s bringing for xmas....xbox

Now, i plan on buying the pwd6 and getting the plasma speakers, but because of limited funds cant afford the viera.

I need a simple system for the wife and kids so that they can just watch normal tv without using the amp.

so what do i need to go for? I've heard the dvi cards a little hit and miss with dvd players and the amp has component out, so i guess that’s the 2nd best way for the dvd. But how can i share the dmre and freeview box with my wife?

The DMRE100 has / gives me rgb in and out on av 1 and av2, so i thought about the quintro+....any views...MAW, JOE, ALISTER, HORNYDRAGON?

I should point out that i want to mount the plasma on the wall so need to know what my options are so i can chase in the cables?

I really do need some help on this, as if i get it wrong i will be so much in the dog house? blush:

Ta Cwoj

2. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahem ...anyone?

3. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally if your going for the PW6 then I would budget for a couple of speakers as well for say £80 (Mission do some black ones) the PW6 has a 16watt stereo amp built in and a volume controll on the remote so then your wife and kids can use it like a normal tv (with the freeview box) and not have to have surround sound on all the time. (I find the tv speakers better at bargain hunt than using my surround system).

PS will people slow down on the buying of the PW6 from av sales, I am trying to get the money together for one and dont want em to sell out :)

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sony>E100>JS>RGB VGA box running RGB Dual slot RGBHV/YUV and S-Video/Composite board DVD>Component.............
    However as you have an HDMI DVD i would be tempted to for a PW7 so you can add the HDMI board at a later date....... but if thats the case might as well wait three months and get the PHD7..............
    PW6 with dual slot £1580....JS box £120 wall mount £130 cables £100 £1830......NO to shabby........ REconemnd the Extra 2 years warranty for £199 as well so you get all that for the price of a PW7.........

Just a pity they wont have any left by the time i have some cash............ :mad:

5. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but on that basis, i would need to waf to fire up the amp to get any sound?

6. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    whats wrong with a componant to VGA cable (£6 from ebay)
    and a SCART terminal board for everything else