Question Yet another 'advice needed please' thread

Smallclone

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello. Another advice needed thread. Thanks for any answers.

I currently have a 50 inch Panasonic EX750 4K TV which I quite like. But I feel to get the best of 4K, it is too small.....this is mainly because I sit around 90 inches away from it. So my questions:

1) What size screen should I ideally be viewing at this distance?
2) Which televisions would you good folk recommend at a budget of £1500? Is there any specific technology to avoid? What's the Is there best for that budget? OLED? ULED? QLED? Or is it best to wait until this thing called MicroLED becomes affordable?

Many thanks.

ULED and QLED are more model ranges than display types.

LED Displays small enough for TV use (aka MicroLED) are still a few years away so I wouldn't bother to wait if you're unhappy with your current model.

4K and 8K are just filling in around the limit of vision I don't see the logic in going up for a bigger TV for them. Go up to a bigger TV if you want a larger picture.

ULED and QLED are more model ranges than display types.

LED Displays small enough for TV use (aka MicroLED) are still a few years away so I wouldn't bother to wait if you're unhappy with your current model.

4K and 8K are just filling in around the limit of vision I don't see the logic in going up for a bigger TV for them. Go up to a bigger TV if you want a larger picture.

Thanks for that. I feel it needs to be bigger due to the 7 feet viewing distance, i find myself squinting a bit during certain scenes.. What I'm really asking is - if OLED is really worth the extra £500 or so. If i get a 65 inch OLED am I going to have my breath taken away by it? And if I get a non OLED tv am I just going to be looking at a bigger version of what I have now?

OLED is incredible, but at that distance it will be hard to get all the benefit from 4K. I would be tempted to look at maybe even 75”?!?!

try viewing a OLED tv in a shop and stand 7 ft back: then see how a 75” LCD looks. That should give you a good idea on the merits.

Thank you. After measuring the distance again it's closer to 8 feet than 7, so I do think I need a bigger panel.

Is there a consensus on the best 65 OLED for under £2k?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom