Yesasia PS3 game orders - problems

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by tripodjw, Dec 31, 2006.

1. tripodjw

tripodjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'm not entirely sure this is th ebest place, but i know there are plenty of people in this frum also buying PS3 games and accessories from yesasia.

My first order for RFOM disappeared in transit. Yesasia asked me to wait a onth before they'd send a replacement (to check they didn't have t returned - fair enough i thought and they've just despatched a replacement). But now my motorstorm hasn't arrived, it was despatched at the same time as everyone else on here had theirs despatched and it seems that everyone else got theirs a week ago.

I'm getting a bit suspicious at something in the chain, I don't have problems with any other internet orders disappearing so i doubt its a thieving postie at my end. I have had some accessories from yesasia arrive ok and ridge racer 7 also arrived ok so i know they are using the correct address, but 2 out of 5 orders disappearing in the post seems a bit high.

Anyone else had experience of stuff (in particular) disappearing from yesasia? I'm wondering if the problem is at the re-despatch location in the uk you know how it comes into the uk and is then sent on to avoid customs charges direct to me the recipient.

2. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Ive used them loads and their a VERY genuine service. Their coming from Hong Kong via standard and can take up to 6weeks to arrive, the average is 10 working days but it just depends (christmas is bad I got mine christmas eve for Motorstorm but Id had mine preorderd for quite awhile and locally we have only had one post since then!).

Things get lost in the post sometimes, I had 6 dvds all ordered from Play and Cdwow go missing christmas last year (took from end of November till mid January to sort out) and Id never had any problems before (I order couple of things every week mail order and have done for about 11yrs and this was my first disapearing act).

3. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    I have to get all my games sent recorded from gameplay.co.uk now as since i moved three out of four did not turn up

4. lynxpraline

lynxpraline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yup, I ordered Motorstorm very close to the day the pre-order was posted on their site. I like most people on this forum had it dispatched on Friday 15th December. I didn't expect it to arrive before christmas to be honest but when I read that people had ordered from the same site and had recieved it before I was a little annoyed. I was still not too worried as I expected the post to pick up this week and I have already ordered and recieved a PS3 pad from them already, but what you have said certainly concerns me now. It's difficult to understand how all the motorstoms that are shipped at the same time do not arrive roughly at the same time when they get to the UK. I'm still hopeful anyway, I've also read on some other threads that it seems some people pre-order a week or so before others but they still don't get the games first. It's a shame as I have a number of pre-orders with them as it stands, but we'll see....

5. hey69

hey69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i preordered the game 1 week before launch and i received it in 6 working days. (normal shipping aka free shipping)

6. tripodjw

tripodjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Glad to see I'm not the only person who hasn't received it yet.

Never doubted yesasia themselves as a retailer - they've been v friendly and helpfull sorting out my missing RFOM. Hats off to them for that end of stuff.

Just can't help wondering if there's a loose link in the chain (prob at their UK despatch end - possible thieving postie problem there is my guess), especially as every other internet order i've ever placed has always arrived on time. Or maybe it just is dumb unluckiness in this case.

7. jogon

jogon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I ordered a copy of Mission Impossible 3 from YesAsia on the 22nd Dec, has turned up today and was re-sent from the UK.

8. lynxpraline

lynxpraline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    ...Well, I ordered a PS3 pad charge cable on the 29th December from them (13 days after motorstorm was dispatched) and got the cable today! not bad considering time of year, but this leaves me to asking: so where is motorstorm as it was sent out 13 days before it! I have emailed Yesasia and they reckon I should wait til later today as this will be officially 12 (working) days since dispatch, I wont hold my breath but I think u may be right about people intercepting products in the UK depot, but I'm trying to stay positive :D

Problem is I still can't justify paying an extra £12 or so when I order from them just so I can get tracking and have it delivered a little earlier as sometimes paying more is no guarantee it will arrive any sooner.

9. MadMaelstrom

MadMaelstrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I have Motorstorm and F1 on order with them.
    The status of them was ready to be shipped and now they've both gone back to searching suppliers.
    Not impressed really!!

10. tripodjw

tripodjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Plus if you pay the extra for delivery you might get hit with customs - which makes it even more expensive. At that point ebay becomes cheaper.

I'm giving it til next week on motorstorm, i've had work related post go missing over xmas and suddenly turn up so i'm willing to wait a little bit longer.

My replacement RFOM was despatched on 2 Jan so fingers crossed for that arriving ok.

On a brighter nobte i got my new amp today so am more excited about that than worrying about missing games. :)

11. filthy667

filthy667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmm my order for Motorstorm and F1 were ready to be shipped and have gone back to searching from suppliers, i mean,its only been nearly a month since i orded them :nono: HOPELESS.

12. MadMaelstrom

MadMaelstrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Same happened to me (see above)

13. filthy667

filthy667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Crap aint it? Cant even cancel the order on their website either:mad:
    the USA versions will be out by the time we get them from NOAsia.

14. Schumi 01

Schumi 01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I thought that you could'nt cancel, but i emailed them explaining that i did'nt expect to be waiting this long for the game to be dispatched and asked them to cancel the order, they sent me an email back saying my order has been cancelled.:smashin:

15. filthy667

filthy667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks,think i will do that aswell,just hope they refund my money because i payed with Paypal.

16. lynxpraline

lynxpraline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I wish I had that luxury, as mine has already supposedly been dispatched I have to sit and wait, there's a local games shop in town selling it for £50!!! I'm extremely tempted to get it 2moz even though I know they'd be ripping me off:suicide:

17. Schumi 01

Schumi 01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Yes they do refund i also payed with paypal, and i had an email off Paypal stating i had a refund from Yes Asia.

18. filthy667

filthy667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks....they must be reading this,F1 is now saying ready to be shipped.
    Ill wait to see if it actually does this time,if not then ill cancell.

19. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    so does mine lets see

20. lynxpraline

lynxpraline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah got a new amp today as well :thumbsup: ! still haven't recieved motorstorm though :thumbsdow .

21. tripodjw

tripodjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well my replacement Resistance arrived yesterday no probs - so despatched 2nd Jan arrived 8 Jan. Still no Motorstorm though. Yesasia say i have to wait til 1 month after despatch before they'll send replacement. Roll on 16 Jan.

22. lynxpraline

lynxpraline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Finally got motorstorm today! they dispatched another copy last thursday and I got it today.

23. tripodjw

tripodjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well done mate!.

I had to wait til today to email them again to request a replacement. Hopefully they'll despatch overnight (as that's their Wednesday).

Got Genji off them yesterday so that'll keep me occupied til Motorstorm arrives (and i actually quite like Genji apart from the irritating camera)

24. twist

twist
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,992
    Ordered F1 and motorstorm.

Shipped 1 Jan. Still waiting, great service!

25. Vestan Pance

Vestan Pance

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Looks like one of my games has gone missing now :mad:

I ordered Motorstorm on the 15th and Resistance on the 20th. Resistance turned up last week, but I'm still waiting for Motorstorm, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to turn up.

I've never had any problems with Yes Asia in the past. Orders have always arrived in about 5 or 6 working days, and their PS3 game prices are great considering the free postage and $5 discount codes they've been doing, but if games are going to start disappearing then I'll have to shop elsewhere :(

The annoying thing is I have Virtua Fighter 5 pre-ordered with them and can't cancel it. I'll be gutted if that vanishes too.

26. lynxpraline

lynxpraline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    When they resent Motorstorm for me it only took 3 days! I then ordered F1 from them that same day and that came 4 days later! I would consider this brilliant service if I hadn't had the earlier troubles. It seems they can't handle things when they get big orders on specific items.

I've got VF5 on pre-order since early December, So really should be getting dispatched sometime tomorrow, If they mess this up, I won't be shopping with them again! You're probably think why still buy from them? but once you take the $5 discount into account you're looking at getting PS3 games from £22 - £26. So still worth the risk for most games IMO. (but still highly annoying when the ONE game you want doesn't arrive)

27. rider2006

rider2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I been using them for a couple of years and had no items go missing. I say they offer great service and there's no VAT to be paid. They send small packages to warehouse in the UK, then they ship it to you from there. I think it's Royal Mail that loses the packages when shipping from the warehouse in the UK. With big and expensive items they use a courier service that will ship straight to your address from Hong Kong and they will either lower the customs or if you get charged they will pay you back.

28. lynxpraline

lynxpraline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, maybe it's Royal mail, maybe it's not. the problem is it happened once and I wouldn't want it to happen again. But the way they responded was very good so i'm still generally happy so far.

29. daz500

daz500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They seem to have lost my RFOM and now I have to wait until 21st until I can email them again to confirm it's been lost.

I wouldn't mind but I've been waiting since Christmas time on this game. I ordered Motorstorm & RFOM but then had to wait 4-6 weeks at which point RFOM was cancelled and then they sent Motorstorm. I re-ordered 2 days later and now I'm bored with Motorstorm :thumbsdow