1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YELO 800 Problem / Kiiro X5

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jaygee, Nov 26, 2002.

1. jaygee

jaygee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have had the YELO DVD player for nearly 2 years and it has worked fine. It can be made multi region easily and macrovision can be turned off so it kept the kids happy.

Unfortunately, it has now decided not to work and the symptons are on inserting a disc the drive tries to spin up but seems to cut out with a few odd clicks. It tries a few times and then gives up displaying No Disc. Has anyone else experienced this problem on this machine or recognise the problem from another.

I had a quick look inside and assume it is the drive unit itself that is faulty. Its connected by a standard molex and IDE cable so is it worth connecting up a standard PC DVD drive as a replacement. I've got a spare AOPEN drive and don't mind messing around trying to get it to fit but not sure whether it will communicate.

Finally, if it's dead is it worth replacing it with the Kiiro X5 from what was YELO? Is this palyer also able to turn off Macrovision as on the web site it says it's VCR friendly! See http://www.lynxdv.com/estore/x5.php

Thank for any feedback.

2. kalross

kalross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0