Yellowstone Season 3 (Paramount+) TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I watched the first 2 series on Blu and was waiting for season 3 to be released on Blu in the U.K. I really like this show and as you say Season 2 was powerful stuff. I’ll probably subscribe to Paramount+ as there is a few other things on there that I would like to watch - George

Another streaming service :thumbsdow, just finished seasons 1 & 2 on My5.

Looks like I’ll have to either stump up for another streaming service and binge them.

Anyone know if any offers/trials on paramount+?

Another streaming service :thumbsdow, just finished seasons 1 & 2 on My5.

Looks like I’ll have to either stump up for another streaming service and binge them.

Anyone know if any offers/trials on paramount+?

7 day free trial, reportedly. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Also an offer on taking them up for a year, which puts the price as less than Disney AFAIK.

7 day free trial, reportedly. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Also an offer on taking them up for a year, which puts the price as less than Disney AFAIK.
some speculations that initially it will not be 4k in UK. if so I will wait for 4k Digby Vision and Gobildy Catmous audio.

Seasons 1-3 really first rate, particularly the ending of S3. Season 4 on the other hand was a massive disappointment and drop in quality. I'm yet to watch the spin off 1883, perhaps that's where the focus was.

Last edited:
Another streaming service :thumbsdow
Maybe, maybe not, depending on what you already subscribe to...

If you have Sky Cinema then Paramount+ will be "...available to Sky TV customers - with Sky Cinema - at no extra cost...".

And the bit that interests me - "NOW customers - The Paramount+ app will not be available on NOW. However, as part of Sky Cinema’s continued relationship with Paramount, NOW Cinema Members will still be able to stream brand-new Paramount blockbusters through Sky Cinema, whilst continuing to enjoy Paramount’s library of on demand films, at no additional cost".

Not sure if the word "blockbusters" implies only films though.

However let's see how long it takes them before they think they can charge for this as a separate membership.

Anyway... thanks for the review Cas - will add this to the list if/when it appears on Now. :)

Last edited:
First 3 seasons were top notch TV, 4 was a huge letdown.....
"1883" puts Yellowstone in the shade tho

Thanks for the review - love this show and agree the cliffhanger at the end was "wow".

Interestingly I was in Texas over Easter and was on a ranch there, where the cowboys watch this show and were telling us that some of it is very accurate in terms of the life of the workers on the ranch.

I was channeling my inner Costner while sat on my horse with my cowboy hat on :rotfl:

This is still, at times, rewarding but some characters have turned into total parody parts by season 4, whilst guest stars were ultimately wasted, namely, Josh Holloway and Will Patton.
Sheridan appears to love mixing themes, morality play and then just going full tilt on writing it in 'back-in-the-day' styles, with that's how it was/is and near as damnit should be in self-righteous swathes. S/he who takes with enough twisted righteous indignation and putdowns wins.
I fully expect his memoir to be titled, You're only annoyed, 'cause you lost. After all, that is his life's thematic work.

Kinda like season 1-2 of succession were excellent and season 3 was brutal!

Seasons 1-3 really first rate, particularly the ending of S3. Season 4 on the other hand was a massive disappointment and drop in quality. I'm yet to watch the spin off 1883, perhaps that's where the focus was.
I couldn't agree more. S3 was worse than S2 but S4 was absolutely awful. I have never known a series to drop so badly. Far too many none actors and the most annoying character in TV history (Beth if you hadn't guessed).

I couldn't agree more. S3 was worse than S2 but S4 was absolutely awful. I have never known a series to drop so badly. Far too many none actors and the most annoying character in TV history (Beth if you hadn't guessed).
Succession dropped pretty much the same or worse by the 3rd season

Kinda like season 1-2 of succession were excellent and season 3 was brutal!
Succession ... granted .... season 3 was the weakest compared to 1 and 2 but still way better than all of the seasons of Yellowstone. Succession is probably in the top 10 TV shows ever made ... Yellowstone wouldn't even make the top 100 IMHO.

Succession ... granted .... season 3 was the weakest compared to 1 and 2 but still way better than all of the seasons of Yellowstone. Succession is probably in the top 10 TV shows ever made ... Yellowstone wouldn't even make the top 100 IMHO.
Holy hyperbole Batman-I am/was a fan of succession...but come one! Best 10 of all time?!? Lmao

1. The Wire

2. Sopranos

3. Sienfeld

4. Band of Brothers

5. Simpsons

6. Game of Thrones

7. Mad Men

8. Breaking Bad

9. Better Call Saul

10. Narcos

11. Fargo

20. Succession

To name a few

~nah .... Only The Wire, Sopranos, BB and Better Call Saul from your list better than Succession IMHO. Would have included Band Of Brothers but it was a limited series wasn't it? Certainly not Seinfeld, Simpsons or GOT for me. Loved Narcos and Fargo (except last season) but still nowhere near Succession quality....again IMHO.

Last edited:
Succession didn't grab me at all; I tried twice but just didn't get into it despite the quality of acting.

Just to note the thread title - side discussions on top 20s and Succession may continue in appropriate threads please.

Maybe, maybe not, depending on what you already subscribe to...

If you have Sky Cinema then Paramount+ will be "...available to Sky TV customers - with Sky Cinema - at no extra cost...".

And the bit that interests me - "NOW customers - The Paramount+ app will not be available on NOW. However, as part of Sky Cinema’s continued relationship with Paramount, NOW Cinema Members will still be able to stream brand-new Paramount blockbusters through Sky Cinema, whilst continuing to enjoy Paramount’s library of on demand films, at no additional cost".

Not sure if the word "blockbusters" implies only films though.

However let's see how long it takes them before they think they can charge for this as a separate membership.

Anyway... thanks for the review Cas - will add this to the list if/when it appears on Now. :)
Cheers, I’ll have to check out if I can get via Sky - I do have Now TV with Sky Cinema etc. And I also have “access” to my parents Sky package via Sky GO…

If not, I’ll just pay for one month and binge what I need as I don’t think there will be a need for a continual monthly subscription.

~nah .... Only The Wire, Sopranos, BB and Better Call Saul from your list better than Succession IMHO. Would have included Band Of Brothers but it was a limited series wasn't it? Certainly not Seinfeld, Simpsons or GOT for me. Loved Narcos and Fargo (except last season) but still nowhere near Succession quality....again IMHO.
Band of brothers and Fargo much better

None of the shows I listed had a stinker or at the very least a very weak season in thier first three like succession has had.

Yellowstone OTOH would not even be in the top 40 because of how awful the last season was (I gave up on it with an episode to go lol) but the first two seasons (like succession) were very good. Kinda reminded me of Ozark type feel but different setting

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom