Yellowstone (Paramount) Season 4

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Kevin Costner to headline Yellowstone, the first scripted series to air on the Paramount network.

The 10-episode first season is written and directed by Taylor Sheridan, the Oscar-nominated screenwriter of Hell or High Water and Sicario.

Yellowstone centers on the Dutton family, the owners of the largest contiguous ranch in the United States. With antagonists on all sides, from land-grabbing government officials to greedy developers, the series has been positioned by Paramount as a neo-western: a saga of violence and conflict on a modern-day American frontier.

The show will be the first series to debut on the new network, the conclusion of a re-branding process which will see Spike TV transformed into Paramount.

Cole Hauser, Wes Bentley & Kelly Reilly Join Paramount Network’s ‘Yellowstone’
Bentley (Interstellar) will play John’s son Jamie, a polished lawyer considering a career in politics who continues to seek approval from his father despite his love for the limelight. Reilly (the upcoming Britannia) will play John’s daughter Beth, a smart and powerful woman who is always prepared to fight alongside her father. Luke Grimes was recently cast as John’s youngest son Cory, an emotionally reserved ex-Navy SEAL who lives with his Native American wife and seven year old son on the reservation. Hauser (Tigerland) plays Rip Wheeler, a tough and merciless wrangler from Yellowstone Ranch who will stop at nothing to get the job done.

‘Yellowstone’: Dave Annable, Gil Birmingham Set As Leads, Wendy Moniz To Recur In Paramount Network Series
Annable will play John Dutton’s oldest son Lee, a cowboy, who serves as his father’s right-hand man in running the ranch. Birmingham will portray Thomas Rainwater, a steely and proud Chief of an Indian Nation challenging the Dutton family. Moniz will play Montana Governor Lynelle Perry, who’s convinced John Dutton’s (Costner) son, Jamie Dutton (Bentley) is a natural for the political life

Last edited:
Hopefully this turns out as well as Sheridan’s Frontier Trilogy :thumbsup:

‘Yellowstone’: Taylor Sheridan On Working After ‘Wind River’ & Paramount Network Boss On Moving Away From Weinstein Co.
DTnBNoYX4AE2X83.jpg

“YELLOWSTONE” PREMIERES ON PARAMOUNT NETWORK WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20 AT 9:00PM ET/PT - Paramount Press Site

Has this got a home on a UK channel yet?

I enjoyed the cinematic look of the opening episode, amazing vistas, but its feature length running time does not help with the plodding unfocused plot, so many threads about territory & livestock disputes, its not that exciting, they hammer home the Indians losing their lands message to the white men. With all the Dutton (Costner as matriarch John Dutton) siblings, marital, parental issues, bit cliche, like a less soapy Dallas. its no Dances with Wolves, still enjoyable , and i look forward to see where it goes from here 6.5/10

Last edited:
It was a perfectly fine opening episode and Kelly Reilly's acting seems to have improved on both the emoting and accent fronts. Wind River was the last thing I watched from Taylor Sheridan so he clearly cares about the Native American issue but here I did wonder whether this was willing for Costner to be revealed as a bad man (early signs are not with Danny Huston and Gil Birmingham far less humanised). It's interesting how much Huston is starting to resemble his dad in accent, gait and even a slight stoop...

Ep3: No Good Horses

Good ep, gun action, Kelly Riley butt naked, siblings fighting, rattlesnake

This has passed my by thus far. I'll have to give it a watch, as I do like the odd Western and Danny Huston has become a favourite 'of questionable character' type actor of late.

Ep3: No Good Horses

Good ep, gun action, Kelly Riley butt naked, siblings fighting, rattlesnake
:love::devil: It just goes to show how much Reilly wants to make it in the US and no doubt cash in on her great figure while it doesn't need a bit of help! As I was thinking no way she'll get the girls out. Wrong. Seriously though, for her age, is managing to do something well few still manage, namely, get work with a big name.
One thing, besides all the bravado for Costner's character, is the set plays for other cast which work well. Of note, the heartsy Kayce character who is given both the emotive and action elements that don't over pop things - which is a rare combo.
Great to see Geno Segers in this, after his commanding turn on Banshee.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom