yellow picture indoors on pc101

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by martyc, Jun 26, 2002.

1. martyc

martyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Sony pc101 and am generally very happy with it.

However when filiming in artificial light, even bright artificial light, the picture does seem quite yellowy. It is not an all over yellow, but looks quite blotchy.

If you turn the colour down on your telly then it improves a lot and almost disappears, but then all the other colours look very dull and this is not what I would call a solution.

Also, it looks yellowy on the LCD screen, not just on the TV.

Is this normal and am I being too fussy, or is there something up with my camcorder. I admit that in artificial light white walls aren't going to look brilliantly white. However its the fact that it looks blotchy that concerns me. It is particularly noticeable on skin. The colour of someones skin can look fine in places, and yellowy in others.

Stills photos are also affected.

In daylight the picture looks fine.

On a slightly different point, am I correct in thinking that the only white balance choices you have are hold, auto, indoor and outdoor or is there someway of manually adjusting the white balance through a range like on my dads old vhs camcorder.

thanks

Martin

2. Sands

Sands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have checked the manual of the PC9 and within the section describing manual white balance adjustment and how to do it, the manual says you chose either outdoor, indoor and hold. Thus any refence to manual adjustment must mean these three settings. Hope I am not further confusing everyone!