• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Yellow Pages, do you still use it ?

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Not really, I think the last edition we ever got to be delivered to our house was either the '09 or '10 edition (need to check), other than that, it sits in a corner in our drawing room gathering dust next to the also disused Thomson Local and BT phone book

signs

Banned
we had the rep come round today , to be fair she had an amazing "rack" (shallow i know) but man did she give the hard sell !

Lee

Yes, used it just the other day to get a number for a concrete company.

Lee

Really !!! Why not the net ? :)
Easier to just grab the book than turning on the pc. Even if the pc had been on I'd still use the book, something I've always done.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Yes, used it just the other day to get a number for a concrete company.

Easier to just grab the book than turning on the pc. Even if the pc had been on I'd still use the book, something I've always done.

attachment.php

:D

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-13 at 00.28.19.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-07-13 at 00.28.19.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 93

Graham27

Distinguished Member
Don't have Yellow Pages here, just a directory issued by the local Telecoms company which has business and residential numbers in it.

Use it all the time, mainly because a lot of small businesses here aren't on the net. Also, the directory is in two halves, one in conventional alphabetical order, the other in number order. So if someone calls and you miss it, you can easily look up their number to see who it is. Googling rarely gives that info!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom