Yello Power Cable

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Family Guy, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering changing the power cable on my Marantz DV 7000 DVD player for a Yello RFI protected job.
    My idea is as I will not be removing the cover to do any of the work, my warranty will still be valid.
    Can anybody tell me if this is true or should I wait until the warranty expires? (another 17 months!!) :confused:

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Army Bloke,
    Assuming you are not going to have to cut off a 'captive' mains lead and can just unplug the existing lead and plug in the 'yellow';
    In the event of any warranty claim, providing you keep the original lead, who's going to know what power cable was connected at the time the fault occurred?
    (good leads BTW, I have one on my CD player)

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    what they dont know wont hurt them!!!! Just do it, and if something goes wrong....put it back the way it was!

Out of interest......anyone ever tried using one of these with a projector.....for something so sensitive, i would have hought rfi to be something of a nuisance.....maybe you may even go as far as a kimber lead for this use?????

Adam

4. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Not a bad idea, when I get chance I'll take the Kimber Power Kord of my CD player and try it on my projector. I'll let you know if I find any improvement.

Slingshot

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the advice. Trouble is my DVD player has a captive cable so it will have to be cut. I'll probably leave it until the warranty runs out.