Yearly Subcriptions/ Goldmembers

Would you pay to be a yearly subscriber/Goldmember (its optional)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddy

Banned
Hi peeps
Posted this in the feedback subforum but its not as busy here so thought i'd see what the people think.
I was wondering if Stuart has ever had any ideas to add an optional monthly/yearly subscription.
Maybe for something like £10 a year you could be classed as a Goldmember.
Goldmember has features like

* User name in gold
* Bigger avatar (not huge but bigger then normal)
* Allow to have pictures in your sig (again not huge but allow it to be bigger then the normal user)
* allow to add your own member status

In the end the subscription money could go to help either paying for the costs of running the site or help a charity or both.
But i'm sure there would be a few people who would be willing to do this.
What are your views or do you have in idea about what feature could be included

Paulie-W

I`d be happy donating a tenner a year. This place has saved me more than that in advice (but i`ve also spent a bloody lot more too :D ).

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
I'd pay a tenner a year no problem - not concerned at all at being a "goldmember" or having pics in signature. Would like a bigger avatar though.

A tenner is nothing compared to the many hours of enjoyment that I gain from visiting here :smashin:

dazzafact

Not sure about the gold letters, bigger avatar etc, but a donations slot would be good. I think everyone on here would donate.

What I would say is that forum competitions are always good, especially if monies won/lost can go to charity. And it can also promote some good ol' fashioned forum luuuuuuuurve. I clicked on the Sky Hd thread earlier and a fight was nearly breaking out!! :confused: I noticed a golf day and a poker night going on; with some good organising and the amount of folk subscribed to Avforums, these things could get quite big!!

stevefish69

I'd happily throw in a tenner, and like the idea of a competition and charity work with some of the dosh gathered :thumbsup:

John

This has been mentioned a couple of times before , I can't remember the outcome though.
There always used to be a paypal link somewhere for donations , can't find it at the moment

john

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
I would like to think that my yearly tenner would not be used by moderators, such as mep and Mylo, in a night of drunken debauchery where they discuss how they are going to overthrow the supreme beings of IanJ and Stuart....they are plotting as we speak :D

Mep

I would like to think that my yearly tenner would not be used by moderators, such as mep and Mylo, in a night of drunken debauchery where they discuss how they are going to overthrow the supreme beings of IanJ and Stuart....they are plotting as we speak :D

shhhhh!! :D

Mylo

Distinguished Member

a tenner Matt?

That wouldn't even get Paul and I away from the bar after the first round. We live 'down south' remember :rotfl:

chaddy

Banned
i can't belive that 121 people have viewed the thread but only 7 people have polled.

Steven

Senior Moderator
I'd pay.... so long as I was given assurances that the money would go towards administrative costs, and none of the GC mods would be able to go on a supermarket sweep of the drinks aisle :D

Dave

Distinguished Member
I'd pay.... so long as I was given assurances that the money would go towards administrative costs, and none of the GC mods would be able to go on a supermarket sweep of the drinks aisle :D

What about the other mods? ;)

Seriously, it's not a bad idea but I can't see it happening simply because it would create a 2 tier membership system which could alienate new members.

Maybe Stuart could do something like the charity donation to the BHF at christmas where you could pick your own member status tag for a 20 quid donation but I think that's probably as far as it would go.

Personally I'd only be happy paying if the vast majority of it was going to charity.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
i wouldnt prostitute myself nor my unrivalled contributions and posts on he forum

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mep

killjoy! :D

Steven

Senior Moderator
Seriously, it's not a bad idea but I can't see it happening simply because it would create a 2 tier membership system which could alienate new members.
I can see that point of view... but if a little goes towards running a large forum, then a little more PM space and allowance for sig/avatars I don't feel is too much and I feel worth any animosity at the slightest at all. I do not agree with a gold coloured member name though - in the name of good taste as much as anything :devil: Perhaps something more subtle - like dark blue.

chaddy

Banned
I can see that point of view... but if a little goes towards running a large forum, then a little more PM space and allowance for sig/avatars I don't feel is too much and I feel worth any animosity at the slightest at all. I do not agree with a gold coloured member name though - in the name of good taste as much as anything :devil: Perhaps something more subtle - like dark blue.

well the goldmember was just an idea, it could be put or implimented in a different way

Steven

Senior Moderator
Could I add I said it in a joking kind of way and did not mean to cause you any offence

If I have I apologise

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen