Yeah yeah yeahs

karkus30

Ex Member
Reaction score
Just picked up their ep, angular pop punk a bit like sonic youth, white stripes (thats SG giving it a wide birth, then ;) ) mixed with Blondie. Typical garage band of the new wave persuasion, but they certainly sound subversive, reminds me a bit of Chrisy Hind of the Pretenders but without the melodic voice more Sid Viscous.

Would I recommend them, well 'Miles away' sounds a bit more polished than the other tracks. I think they need some time to develop, but the raw energy is there and it doesnt lack excitement.

The band were supposedly started as a bit of a joke, but are now moving to prominance. Time will tell.

Anyone else heard them or is everyone else metalheads or Will Young fans?;) :p

Anyone else heard them or is everyone else metalheads or Will Young fans?

Metalheadz?

Yeah..........Photek..Dillinja....Source Direct...Jay Majik....Digital....Hidden Agenda...Doc Scott..Goldie....Adam F....Ed Rush.....Peshay......

Although, i cant help feeling we're on a different 'metalheadz' tip!

Karkus....we meet in the middle for Gilmour/Floyd.......then we part big time my friend.

Adzman.

Originally posted by Adzman
Metalheadz?

Yeah..........Photek..Dillinja....Source Direct...Jay Majik....Digital....Hidden Agenda...Doc Scott..Goldie....Adam F....Ed Rush.....Peshay......

Although, i cant help feeling we're on a different 'metalheadz' tip!

Karkus....we meet in the middle for Gilmour/Floyd.......then we part big time my friend.

Adzman.

Apologies, Adzman but the music forum seems a bit quiet these days, infact I was suprised anybody read the thread.

You will notice a wink after the aforementioned comment which means it is said in jest.Though if you read some of the latest threads you will also see a huge amount of interest in bands like Danzig and Prong as well as a Will Young thread.

Originally posted by karkus30
Sid Viscous
I'm sure Sid's turning in his grave with that typo mate. Sid VISCOUS? Makes him sound positively puppy like. :D

vis·cous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vsks)
adj.
Having relatively high resistance to flow.
Viscid; sticky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin viscsus. See viscose.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
viscous·ly adv.
viscous·ness n.

vi·cious ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vshs)
adj.
Having the nature of vice; evil, immoral, or depraved.
Given to vice, immorality, or depravity.
Spiteful; malicious: vicious gossip.
Disposed to or characterized by violent or destructive behavior. See Synonyms at cruel.
Marked by an aggressive disposition; savage. Used chiefly of animals.
Severe or intense; fierce: a vicious storm.
Faulty, imperfect, or otherwise impaired by defects or a defect: a forced, vicious style of prose.
Impure; foul.

[Middle English, from Old French vicieus, from Latin vitisus, from vitium, vice.]
vicious·ly adv.
vicious·ness n.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I'm sure Sid's turning in his grave with that typo mate. Sid VISCOUS? Makes him sound positively puppy like. :D

/

:blush: I did spot it, but Im afraid I have a condition called lazy b*****ditus and when I have an attack it prevents me from editing my posts. You can look that up in your Thesarus if you like;)

Hows the head this morning? remember what you said about Robbie:D

Sorry to go off the point a bit, but the yeah yeah yeahs are fantastic live.

Originally posted by KRRK
Sorry to go off the point a bit, but the yeah yeah yeahs are fantastic live.
That's about as on thread as you can get mate :)

Thought I'd bump this as I just got the album and it's great stuff, the lead singer kind of reminds me of the one from L7, great charged up rock-punk (cos this ain't punk-rock).

Originally posted by James45
the lead singer kind of reminds me of the one from L7
you mean she's dirty and sleazy, like all rock'n'roll ladies should be ;) :devil:

She's actually relatively normal believe it or not - I heard her on radio 1 the other day and she sounded quite sane. However I saw them in concert supporting John Spensor Blues Explosion last year and she was clearly insane - maybe she has a split personality? :D

No, dont spoil our fantasies......................shes sleazzzy:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom