Ye Olde Laptop

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Intya, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Intya

Intya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    A friend gave me a rather ancient relic that was BSODing everytime on boot, said if I could fix it and sell it on, he'd split the profit with me seeing as he'd brought a shiny new laptop to replace it with. Half an hour in XP recovery console and it's good as new :rotfl:

Anyway - It's an RM brand, case is a bit scratched, I think it's around five years old. 600mhz Pentium 3, 128mb RAM & a 6GB hard disk. No idea what gfx it's sporting, but it's probably something integrated Intel or other. Not many redeeming features. It's running a non-genuine XP Professional install, while it has a genuine XP Home sticker on the bottom :confused:

I could quite go for it myself, be handy just to have something to surf the net with. I spoke to a couple of other more techy mates, they reckon it's worth between £50 to £80. I'd like a couple of opinions to see if this price sounds right :) I'd be looking to replace the mini PCI LAN card with a wireless one I've seen on eBay for a tenner, and it has two RAM slots with just the one occupied, I'm guessing that could be quite a cheap upgrade also?

2. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Flog it, buy a slightly better one, can't think where, check the classifieds on here though.