Yaw Motion VR

I think you have been kidding yourself too and either get one now or you will never get one, or the v2 Yaw will be looming.
Its a tricky one, the Yaw will last many years and will still be great, where a 3080 will be great for the next few years and then will be 2nd/3rd generation before you know it.

Yup, I think I'll go for the Yaw. There's only 6 months difference between getting the two, and hopefully in 10 months time there'll be enough 3080s available so I can actually GET one. Plus I can save up some more Amazon vouchers and pay for some of it with those.

Then next year in November I can look at building a new rig. I normally buy one every 5 years or so and built my current one in 2015/2016. When I built it I bought the GPU in 2016 and the main rig in 2015 so I'll do a similar thing next year.

Shame I didn't get more cash from my Refund though, I was hoping for a grand. ☹

The new Yaw2 looks the dogs and 100% better than the 'egg'.
@thesnowdog you might want to save up a little more....

would be great if they could add heave to it...

Nah, I'll stick with the original I think. The original is easily collapsible and portable. That one does look amazeballs though!!! :D

The new Yaw2 looks the dogs and 100% better than the 'egg'.
@thesnowdog you might want to save up a little more....

Looks amazing, much better than the original. I can see myself buying one in the future.

Agree, definitely a step in the right direction.

Price is the thing. It does look good however it still needs to be cheap. For £3500 you can buy a very impressive more traditional motion simulator. Sure the one I am thinking about can't spin your all the way around but it does have heave and slide neither of which the yaw can do. I have not tried the yaw so may be wrong , but from people I have.listened to as well as users.of traditional motion simulators, and much like force.feedback wheels that I HAVE used,.less is more when it comes to moving if you plan on using for more than 10 mins..... You just need to get a hint of the 6DOF movement .

My fear with the yaw is it would just be a device to show your mates to for 10 mins or have a quick go on a roller coaster on, rather than a proper afternoon gaming session on elite or dirt rally for instance

So the Yaw 2 has been officially announced as a Kickstarter.
Wonder how much it will be.
Certainly looks good though.

Definitely not going to have room for that in my flat lol 😂😂😂

Says 2DOF-6DOF too 😲

Should be ordering mine in May with a bit of luck. 😁

I've got a cheque for £329 in my jacket pocket which I can use to pay some more off my credit card, then in May I'll pay off £575 or so. Then I can order it on my credit card. 😎😁😎

And I'll worry about paying off that debt later on down the line. 😂

You only live once after all!

So the Yaw 2 has been officially announced as a Kickstarter.
Wonder how much it will be.
Certainly looks good though.

Looks fantastic exactly how I wound of designed it. I just hope it doesn’t flip over if you come to a sudden stop. I could really see one of these in my man cave.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom