1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yashica T4 Digital Equivalent required.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Garfield, May 7, 2005.

1. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK heres the tough part ...

I used to run a Canon EOS100 but made the move to digital and now I run a Canon EOS10D with a few bolt on bits like lenses / speedex 550 / battery grip etc etc - so wife unfortunately regards me as a digital camera expert ... boy is she ever wrong.

She asked me to get her an equivalent digital camera to replace the Yashica T4 I bought her may years ago.

The only camera I can find with the Zeiss lenses are the Sony cameras that I feel are too fussy and insist on using specific Sony memory - TOTALLY unacceptable.

I need advice from anyone who has knowledge of the abilities of a T4 Yashica who can advise a similar digital spec.

BUT

Must be 5M pixel or above, easy enough to use and fit in a handbag, use generic SD / compact flash or similar and a good quality lens is MEGA important, if it does RAW format it would be even better ....

PS : Price is not my primary concern - quality is ....

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry i don't know anything about the T4 Yashica.

But i think the canon S70 is quite possibly the best compact around. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons70/ Shoots in Raw is, 28mm and thats a good bit wider then most compacts

Will fit in a hand bag, and has enough Auto and manual modes to suite both your styles.

3. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :cool: :eek: Stangely enough I seem to be looking at the S50 and upwards, it would be real cool to have a compact comaptible with a lott of my other kit - including the format.

Are the lenses up to normal Canon specs (I don't expect 4L quality but the T4 has a zeiss tessar and it is pin sharp).

I need to get some CRW samples from one of these cameras I think.

Can anyone oblige?

4. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did ask didn't I .... :rotfl:

Bother - they are all butchered JPG's but some aren't bad - if you remember who uses one here drop me a line, really want to see some RAW format. TIA.

6. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are you in Gee Cross Hyde?

Bought are car from smith Knight faye in Gee Cross

Big wow:laugh:

7. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I certainly am, they service the wifes Passat and are only about 500 metres from where I sit right now ....

I see you live in a football stadium :D