YAS207 Keeps Switching from HDMI to TV and Looses Sound

JediSparky

Novice Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I see I should have posted as a question. New here, so reposted correctly (hopefully)

Hello,
I have a Yamaha YAS207 Sound bar running HDMI (DirecTV to Sound bar to TV HDMI/ARC). When everything comes on all is well. Good picture and sound. Approximately 10 seconds will pass and the indicator light on the sound bar will switch from HDMI to TV and I will loose sound but not picture. It does this on it's own. EVERY time. I then have to use the sound bar remote to toggle it back to HDMI at which point the sound returns and all is well. This only happens when I first turn the system on. Once I manually change it back it does not go out again until I fire up the system again. So strange, anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,
JediSparky

Setup the soundbar HDMI CEC control as per the manual after setting the TV HDM CEC control and the TV sound output to ARC. TV on the soundbar is the optical input si it sounds like you haven’t set HDMI CEC control properly yet. ARC needs CEC turned on but some TVs also allow a seperate power control on/off setting.

pages 30 and 34 in particular may help

I have the same problem, but after manually switching to HDMI manually, it only stays a couple seconds and goes to TV again, my TV doesn't have ARC system, is that why?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom