1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YAPO setup on Yamaha DSP-AX750SE

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Nige-B, Sep 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Nige-B

Nige-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just purchased the Yamaha & I'm using it with the EVO 3B speaker package.

I've run the YAPO (automatic setup) and its detected the front speakers (Evo 3's) as small which they certainly aren't.

The centre (evo centre) & surrounds (evo 1's) have been detected as large.

Has anyone else run YAPO with the evo speaker package & had similar results?

As YAPO has set the bass out LFE/BASS OUT setting to both, I can't see what difference the small & large settings make as I believe with this setting low frequency settings are sent to the main speakers as well as the SUB? Am I reading this right?

YAPO has selected a 80Hz crossover so I assume it is irrelevant to set the crossover on the EVO sub to anything above this figure?

Cheers,

Nigel.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    My 1400 sets the Evo 3's as small and the crossover as 100 or 110hz and the centre as large, with the bass out to sub only. I just adjust it to all small speakers, crossover as 80hz and leave the bass out to sub only.

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,146
    Further proof that these auto systems aren't much cop compared to an SPL meter and 15 minutes of your time. The one on my AX3 got distance roughly right, the delay half right and then arsed up the levels and sizes completely. These systems should be considered a guide and little more.