1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yammy HTR-5540RDS and Sky+ setup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Zog, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just adjusting the set-up for this as my Dad has had Sky+ installed.

It has 2 digital inputs (1 no. co-ax and 1 no. optical).

Sky+ has only optical out whereas his TV/DVD combo has both. So really it sorts itself out.

TV works fine and the DD5.1 is detected when a disc is inserted.

However the amp is only seeing a PCM input from the Sky+. Now we are unable to try the 5.1 as he is not subscribed to Movies, but my Denon at home detects a DD input even if the program is only being broadcast in what I presume must be 2.0.

The sound is coming via the optical port, as it goes off when I unplug the cable. I have changed the output to DD on the services menu of the box and assigned the optical in to the relevant amp input.

Is it right that the amp is only seeing a PCM input and thus that it works so diffeerently from my own amp ?

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    the 5540 won't show DD on this display until it recieves a DD signal . If you look above the pcm sign in the display , it will show a pro logic/II logo . As he doesn't subscribe to the movie channels , I doubt the amp will ever show DD from the Sky box
    atb
    John

3. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is this unique to the Yammy as my Denon shows DD Whenever it uses the Sky+ input? Though like you say it only detects 5.1 on the film channels.

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    I would suggest your Denon is a fault :D not the yammy . Displaying it is recieving a DD signal when its known that it isn't , isn't right :rotfl:

So long as your both happy , who cares :smashin:

atb
    John