1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yammy AV Connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Zog, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My Yammy is currently connected to the TV Via the Monitor out using a "Video/SCART" lead.
    I now wish to input using the S-Video on the front. To get a signal to the TV will I now need to use Monitor out "S-Video/SCART" or "S-Video/S-Video" leads.:confused:

2. nickeng

nickeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If yours is anything like the older Yamaha amp(bedroom machine DSP-970!) I have, all video formats must be the same type..

ie

All phono or all Svideo, if you connect using video for example from a VCR to the VCR Sockets on the amp and then SVideo from a DVD player (to get the better picture) you will find that, if you have video OUT to the TV only the VCR will show but not the DVD. If you conenct a SVideo OUT to the TV, then the DVD will work and not the VCR....

To use SVideo you will need to make sure that ALL devices are using a SVideo lead..so the VCR will need to be Scart to SVideo (on amp) and then on the amp take the Svideo to the TV.

Does this help

(I am sure that it says in the manual..)
    ;)

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, most VCRs don't have a S-Video out, unless it's a S-VHS machine, so it might not work.
    But you can connect both, i.e. one video (via Scart) and one S-Video connection though then you would possibly need to switch manually between the different inputs at the TV.

For the S-Video you just need a S-Video to S-Video (5 pin DIN connectors) cable, makes sense if you have a play station or DVD player.