1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yammy 630 v AZ1 internals

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Taz, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A 'bloke at work' was told Yamaha use the same major components across thier range of amps, what do you lot reckon to this?

Taz.

2. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely right, I bet they use a whole load of similar components across the range.

Just not normally in critical areas. I doubt the DSP in the 630 is the same as the AZ1. Also I'd guess the power supply and the DACs are significantly better in the more expensive amp.

He's probably right, the OSD boards are bound to be identical, and the input selection circuitry should be the same.

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I would agree with Mark up to a point. I should imagine that the video switching in the AZ1 would be more transparent than that in the 630.

The "bloke at work"was probably thinking of this: Yamaha, after about a year, release a new range of receivers. A facelift to the range, if you see what I mean. These amps normally have the processing DSP's from the two top receivers (AZ1/2). They don't have the same DAC's, power supplies or circuit components (like high grade capacitors), though. For example, the DSP A5 had the same DSP as the A1 amp, though the A5 cost much less...

Russell