Question yammy 3050 and hdmi 1+2

stegalv

anyone any idea why i have lost the ability to watch my tivo box on my projector without the tv being on as well. i have tivo and blueray player on inputs, and tv on hdmi 1 out projector on hdmi 2 out.
seems to have happened after changing settings for arc on new tv,but causing other problems so reverted settings back to how they were before(i think).
now if i have the hdmi output on the amps screen set on hdmi 1+2 i cant watch tivo on the projector without the tv being on or i have to set the screen setting to just hdmi 2,it seems with the tv off hdmi 2 output is being turned off when set too hdmi 1+2.
anyone had this problem.it must be a setting.

Dunners

Go into the advanced menu (google how to do it) and reset the video section of the amplifier - make sure HDMI control is turned off all together on all devices and go from there.

stegalv

Thanks,a!ready have that setting and reset the video section,no different.
according to the manual it says if 2 tv's connected to hdmi 1+2 and hdmi is set to 1+2 then if one tv is off there is no signal on 2.which is the problem i have
either i have always unkowingly watched my projector with the tv on or the manual is wrong?

Supersonic

Not a free solution to your issue but I have a Neet HDMI splitter after the amp to send signals to the TV and the projector. Works flawlessly. Can watch either on its own or both together. No issues with a 15m HDMI cable to the projector either.

Supersonic

Just been round the back of mine to move my PJ HDMI connection, and when I switched on the Tivo I got no picture on my projector until I switched HDMI1 OUT to 'Off'. That appears to be the same behaviour you're getting.

If I do the same thing with my Panny blu-ray, I get the same result - HDMI 1+2 on at the same time results in no picture from HDMI2.

Sorry that doesn't provide a solution but at least it isn't just your amp.

Supersonic

Had a bit of a play and found that when both the TV and the PJ are on, the on/offs for HDMI1 and 2 work exactly as expected.

When the TV is off (fully off, no standby), and I fire up the PJ, I have to set (or re-set) HDMI2 to On to get the picture on the projector. If the PJ is already on then whatever I do with the TV, the HDMI on/offs seem to work okay.

Seems that whichever screen is turned on last needs a (re)set of its HDMI out to on, to send it the picture?

(NB I used the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/setup/ web page - xxxs are your 3050 IP address)

Last edited:

stegalv

thanks for the replys,i have had the amp for months and never had to touch the hdmi 1+2 settings before,seems strange that it outputs same picture and sound on 1+2 but if i switch one of the other goes off as well?,why would you want the 2 outputs on at the same time?