YAMJ file naming help.

duffy78

Right, i am about to take the plunge and order a pch a-200. I currently use a wd hdtv and the media scraper i use to generate my moviesheets uses the folder name to search for the movie info.

So all my movies are saved in their own folder, for example fight club is in a folder called................wait for it.............Fight Club, but the actual movie itself is not named as fight club, just whatever generic title that makemkv pulled from the dvd.

For yamj and the pch a-200 to work properly do i need to go through alll my movies and name them as the film title? I've read that if i put the year the film was released in the title then it will help yamj scrape the info better? should i do this?

I've also read that if I want box sets to group together or things like all the star wars movies then I need to name the files something else, is this right?

I would appreicate any help as i will be sorting through my movie collection on my external drive prior to receiving the a-200 and then just breaking open the casing and sticking the drive in the popcorn hour.

oh and do i need to ditch my folder structure and just have all the movies on the root of the drive?

thanks for any help.

duffy

Last edited:

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Right, i am about to take the plunge and order a pch a-200. I currently use a wd hdtv and the media scraper i use to generate my moviesheets uses the folder name to search for the movie info.

So all my movies are saved in their own folder, for example fight club is in a folder called................wait for it.............Fight Club, but the actual movie itself is not named as fight club, just whatever generic title that makemkv pulled from the dvd.

For yamj and the pch a-200 to work properly do i need to go through alll my movies and name them as the film title? I've read that if i put the year the film was released in the title then it will help yamj scrape the info better? should i do this?

I've also read that if I want box sets to group together or things like all the star wars movies then I need to name the files something else, is this right?

I would appreicate any help as i will be sorting through my movie collection on my external drive prior to receiving the a-200 and then just breaking open the casing and sticking the drive in the popcorn hour.

oh and do i need to ditch my folder structure and just have all the movies on the root of the drive?

thanks for any help.

duffy

For Fight Club, try Fight Club (2009) Bluray.mkv

You can also put an .nfo file in the folder called Fight Club (2009) Bluray.nfo, with a link to the film's IMDB page in it.

I've got a mixture of films, some in folders and some just on the root of the drive and both work fine.

I must get round to tidying them up some day..... :blush:

Omertron

Actually, if you have a NFO file, you can call the file anything you like. (At least at the moment).
However, it's good practice to name the video file as the movie name as other jukeboxes will likely need that name too.

duffy78

looks like i've got a lot of tidying up to do!

Is there anyway to force the info is the yamj scraper cannot find it?

dwhite

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom