• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamana YSP-800 bust - what next?

Perceval

Banned
I have a full cinema room, so that isn't the issue. i.e. I am not looking for 'buy a real surround system' advice

However in my bedroom I've got a Pio 506XDE screen (old I kmow) and I had a Yamaha YSP-800 - which has just gone totally kaputt.

It needs replacing, but I have seen that the new YSP-600 is far less powerful, and the YSP-30/40D has become very expensive.

So the question is for £500 or thereabouts, what soundbar or 2.1 solution would you recommend?

Any help vey much appreciated.

Moskva5

Standard Member
My YSP-800 recently died too. I took it to an authorised service centre and they replaced the capacitors of the power supply, which cost £70, and now it is working again. While I was waiting to see if it was fixable I shopped around for alternatives and saw Richersounds were selling the YSP-40D for £499.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom