Yamakawa 365 and AE100 help

Timh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of going for the Yamakawa dvd player and connecting it to my Panasonic AE100 projector but I am sure the Yamakawa does not have componant out. Does it output componant from the scart socket? if so where would I get an adapter from? Or is it possible to connect via dvi to vga?

If anyone uses the Yam via componant could you give me your views on picture quality.

Thanks

Tim

Yes it outputs YPbPR via scart.

if so where would I get an adapter from?

TVcables do a scart to component cable

Or is it possible to connect via dvi to vga?

The Dvi only outputs dvi-d signal

If anyone uses the Yam via componant could you give me your views on picture quality.

I only used mine for a short time (2hrs) before i got my dvi cable, but it produced a very good pq at 720p :D

Thanks for the info Samir :)

Has everyone that ordered the Yam from Germany been stung by Customs, if so how much was it.

Cheers

Tim

Ordered form Germany; no problems with customs. Better service that most UK online sales!

Cheers all

I thought any goods purchased in Europe were exempt from customs,or am i talking bull'??

Originally posted by ebury
I thought any goods purchased in Europe were exempt from customs,or am i talking bull'??

sort of correct... goods imported from the EU have no tariff charges

Dixons do a scart to component cable for £12.99. 1 metre long, and ideal to run to the amp and then from the amp to the PJ/plasma...

Thanks all, i will keep it on my short list :)

Originally posted by ebury

ebury, you are right, there are no Customs Duties between members of the EC. Although if you're not VAT registered and able to give the supplier your VAT number then they should charge you their domestic rate of VAT. (nothing extra to pay when the goods enter the UK though).

I order the Yamakawa 365 from computeruniverse.net. Was a bit of a pain as you have to fax credit card and second signature, and not everything on the site has yet been translated to english.

In addition, my player broke after 1 dvd :( I get no video output and no audio, and after discussion with Yamakawa it appears to be dead.

CU said they would pay for return shipping and would in fact come and pick it up, which is pretty good service from Germany I think.

Incidentally, the 1 film watched over DVI looked great with AE300... and much less hassle than my rather fragile HTPC. That said, if I was going component I would probably get something else... it's not exactly robust build quality, and without the DVI how good would the picture really be into the AE100?

Originally posted by popeckia
I order the Yamakawa 365 from computeruniverse.net. Was a bit of a pain as you have to fax credit card and second signature, and not everything on the site has yet been translated to english.

I didn't have to do that! I have a Visa card and did all my ordering over the net. The player came a week later...:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom