1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaho DSP-E800 advice needed plz

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by NinjaKi11a, Sep 10, 2003.

1. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any plans for a new verision or something similar, perhaps in 6.1, for this processor? I'm abit stuck here with a NAD C170 amp - I am determined to stay with a dedicated audio amp, but am wary about buying a four year old processor. None of the other processors suit my budget - in fact I'm unconvinced they're worth it at all.

Would it be worth waiting to see what Yamaha do or should I bite the bullet and buy the DSP-E800. If so, what kind of price should I be working the salesman towards (while I buy my B&W 602s, centre speaker and HK DVD25).

Cheers.

2. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Look at buying any surround amp and as long as it has pre-outs it will do the same job as a DSPE-800.

I did have a DSPE-800 for a couple of years and it was pretty good, but unless you find 1 really cheap now a newer amp will probably be better value with 6.1 and PLII.

Slingshot