Yamaha750 / Pioneer 1014 & Cantons

L

ladypickers

If I go the panny PW7 or PHD7 Is Yamaha 750 amp (100w) big enough to run 5 canton CD50's which I think are also 100w, I have been told to always go a bit higher with the amp. The sub is going to be Veloyne CRT10 which has its own amp I think so what connects to what. If I go for a XDe plasma instead would the 1014 be better as I belive that it can up convert...is that an important factor.

i heard the cantons this weekend and i was a bit disappointed to be honest, my mate has the 750se same as me and a borrowed sub ;)

they sounded ok, but a bit like the jpl mini monotors that were available from richer sounds a few years back but with better build and a little better bass extention.... im sure some people will laugh at this, but they certainly dont sound good in stereo, and not that good in 5.1 to be honest.....just my opinion though, and im sure someone else with them will come and tell you otherwise :)

thanks for that I heard them and really liked them ....with my untrained ears but I suppose its personal taste

no not yet...had a financial hitch and now may be moving so we'll hold on for a bit...maybe way for the PHD8

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom