Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha750 / Pioneer 1014 & Cantons

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by ladypickers, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ladypickers

ladypickers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I go the panny PW7 or PHD7 Is Yamaha 750 amp (100w) big enough to run 5 canton CD50's which I think are also 100w, I have been told to always go a bit higher with the amp. The sub is going to be Veloyne CRT10 which has its own amp I think so what connects to what. If I go for a XDe plasma instead would the 1014 be better as I belive that it can up convert...is that an important factor.

2. Magnet & Steel

Magnet & Steel
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i heard the cantons this weekend and i was a bit disappointed to be honest, my mate has the 750se same as me and a borrowed sub ;)

they sounded ok, but a bit like the jpl mini monotors that were available from richer sounds a few years back but with better build and a little better bass extention.... im sure some people will laugh at this, but they certainly dont sound good in stereo, and not that good in 5.1 to be honest.....just my opinion though, and im sure someone else with them will come and tell you otherwise :)

3. ladypickers

ladypickers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that I heard them and really liked them ....with my untrained ears but I suppose its personal taste

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    anyone know what happened to Magnet & Steel? and did you settle on a system Ladypickers?

5. ladypickers

ladypickers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no not yet...had a financial hitch and now may be moving so we'll hold on for a bit...maybe way for the PHD8