1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha Z9 - iLINK info-Hop over

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gary Nash, Oct 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Gary Nash

Gary Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Does anyone know how to perform an iLINK or full system reset on the Z9?

Since upgrading my Denon 3910 to multiregion, the Z9 has been unable to recognise the iLINK connection.

I now get the error warning "iLINK info - Hop Over" which the manual attributes to more than 15 devices being connected.
    Well I only have the DVD player connected and even if I remove the iLINK cable, the Z9 still issues the error.
    The Z9 setup indicates that it can't register the device nor assign an input.

Denon have confirmed the multregion software does work with Z9, so I'm thinking the amp has flagged the port as busy.
    The Z9 manual only lists a technique for resetting the video board - I've tried that, detaching from the mains for several hours, switching the iLINK ports and nothing does the job.

Any ideas ?

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary,

I have a Z9 and Pioneer 757i connected to it but i have not tried anything else, i could imagine you would just need to unassign the player of old and reconnect the new player and let it recognise it.
    I have not needed to reset the inputs.
    Why don't you try and assign it to the DTV input or 1 of the others and see if that works rather than just DVD.
    Hope that makes sense :confused:

John :)

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you not contact the dealer they should find out for you, failing that call yamaha

4. Gary Nash

Gary Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Waiting for my dealer to respond, meanwhile trying the information superhighway !!

Amp has now moved on to warn 'iLINK info - Node Over' - it now thinks over 63 devices are connected.

I'll have a bash at assigning it to a different device. If no joy, I'll be phoning Yamaha myself on Monday.

5. Gary Nash

Gary Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yamaha provided details of the service mode that allowed me to reset to factory defaults. This cleared the error OK, but the amp still can't recognise the iLINK device that's attached. So, it's back to Denon to find out if the player is at fault!

6. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a couple of problems i have heard about with the the new Denon 3910 and i was thinking of upgradeing my 2900 to the new machine, i think i'll wait alittle longer though :(

John :)