• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

yamaha z7 vs pioneer lx82

slowpoke115

Established Member
They're both around the same price now. I've heard the lx82 and other people have recommended it however the price tag on the Z7 makes it extremely tempting (I've not heard it though). With the price tag also comes extreme doubt, why on earth would it be that cheap?!

It will be powering a dali fazon set with a motif sub. looking to buy in the next 24hours really, at the moment the pioneer amp is slightly ahead in my eyes because it's newer more than anything else.

Darkstar_surfer

Prominent Member
Since you have heard the Lx82 and like it I would suggest you go for it. You could buy the Z7 blind but I would not recommend that. The mind can play funny tricks and if you have a bias towards the Lx82 then no matter how much better the Z7 sounded you would convince your self over time the Lx82 sounded better.

Although personally I would get the Z7, but then again I am biased ;).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom