1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha Yst Sw315

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by picasso, Jan 13, 2005.

1. picasso

picasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Anyone have or hear a Yamaha Sw315 ? Is this a good choice for home cinema and music ? compare to Wharfedale 12A, what is the best choice ?

Many thanks in advance,

2. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Where are you located as you seem limited with the choices you have made?

3. picasso

picasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,

I have a limit of +/- 300€ to buy a SUB, for this price range i think that are the best models for the money, i'm right ?
    Anyone have or hear one of that? what is the best choice ?

Many thanks to all.

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I nearly went for this, liked the look of it. Has mixed reviews from what I saw. The overwhelming advice on this forum was that the XLS200 was significantly better in all respects, including advice from someone who has just upgraded from a 315 to an XLS200.
    Seemed folly not to spend the extra 50 UK pounds on the 200...PJ

5. picasso

picasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks,

I think i cant find XLS200, in Portugal, and i like to listening one of that first !!!
    And about Waharfedale 12A ? is this a goob sub? better than Yamaha Sw 315 ?

Many thanks

6. picasso

picasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

To order one BK XLS200 to portugal the cost are about 440€. The Yamaha is about 272€, a significant 170€ of diference. Do you think that the XLS200 it's really better than a 315 for home cinema use ? and about wharfedale 12A?

Many thanks to all

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    That's a good price for the Yam, cheapest I could find in UK was over 300 Euro. I think you'll probably be happy with the Yam. But you'll probably be happier with the XLS200. But not having heard both I can't really be certain, and every setup is different anyway...PJ

8. picasso

picasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks,

That's my problem i cant hear a XLS200 to decide if they deserve the 170€ extra cost ??!!
    Do you have XLS200 in your system, do you really like that sub, they can shake the floor on movies? it's go really deep (20Hz)?

anyone can help me to decide about Yamaha SW-315, Wharfedale 12A or XLS200 (with 170€ extra cost) ??

Many thanks

9. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    My XLS200 arrived only yesterday. Not really had a chance to test it, but it most certainly does shake the floor and go amazingly deep! It also looks superb.

One aspect which swung it for me was power, I'd heard/read that despite the Yamaha specs of 250W it did "run out of steam" once it hit a certain level. The 200W RMS amp on the XLS200 seems a monster - and by all accounts is more powerful than the Yamaha. Also the overwhelming opinion is that the XLS200 sounds better than the Yammy.

Price-wise this unit seems to feel like it would fit into the 700 to 800 euro bracket if it was retailed through shops...PJ

10. picasso

picasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again,

And about Wharfedale 12A anyone have or just listening one? it's good? better then a yamaha 315?

Many thanks

11. picasso

picasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, any news about your XLS200? do you test them? it's really good? what's your experience with this sub?

And about Yamaha sw315 Vs Wharfedale 12A, did anyone heared that wharfedale? what's the best choice?

Many thanks