Question Yamaha ysp 2700Yamaha upgrade to Samsung HW-K950

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by AlanT1, Feb 5, 2018.

1. AlanT1

AlanT1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Have anyone upgraded from the Yamaha YSP- 2700 to the Samsung HW-K950?
    I'm in two minds about changing or may wait for the new atmos soundbar release in the spring.
    Thanks in advance.

2. ilovelife

ilovelife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Not the 2700 but upgraded recently from a 2500 which I had for a couple of years, personally this is a worthwhile upgrade I think, the 2500 was superb, I really liked the sound that produced, but this is much more refined, yes its a little heavy on the bass but overall its superb, the wireless rears are superb and once you watch a film with Atmos you won't want to watch it any other way. I got mine for £999 from JL which was a fantastic price, i'd say if you could find one around that money then go for it. Not heard much from Samsung about their next soundbar but it would need to be very good to top this.

3. mikata

mikata
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have both. Purschased the YSP-2700 first, since at the time HW-K950 only did DTS 2.0.
    I like the YSP-2700 for it's connectivity, decent virtual surround, Dolby Vision, HLG, Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD MA support, but it feels underpowered. So it got moved upstairs.

Got the HW-K950 when Samsung enabled DTS 5.1. Has enough power, great surround and love the Atmos sound.
    Would like to see Samsung roll out a FW for DTS-HD MA/DTS:X (if possible) but at the moment I'm not missing it. I haven't had a single issue with K950, no dropouts, no rears loosing connection.
    If I had to choose one, K950 every day of week.

With that said, I would wait to see/hear more about N950. DTS:X support, maybe HDR10+, HLG pass-through?

/Mike