Hi

Thinking of getting this sounder, just a few questions.

Does anyone know what the price of this was at John lewis and Richer Sounds last month, as I know its quite pricey now at £899.

Also does the soundbar have a night listening mode?

Hi

Thinking of getting this sounder, just a few questions.

Does anyone know what the price of this was at John lewis and Richer Sounds last month, as I know its quite pricey now at £899.

Also does the soundbar have a night listening mode?

It does have a night listening mode, although I can't quite remember what it's called and I'm at work so someone will help me out here [emoji106] the bar seems to have increased by £100 in most stores I got mine from Peter Tyson check his price

Did someone compare this soundbar with the Samsung HW-K950? Still have some doubts which to choose.

Thanks for that.

Anyone know how this compares to the Sony XT3 sound base, Im undecided on what to go for.

The Sony is a lot cheaper but Im unsure about the 4k spec on it, I plan on getting a 4k set this year and a Ps4 pro.

From reading it sounds like the Yamaha is better?

Thanks for that.

Anyone know how this compares to the Sony XT3 sound base, Im undecided on what to go for.

The Sony is a lot cheaper but Im unsure about the 4k spec on it, I plan on getting a 4k set this year and a Ps4 pro.

From reading it sounds like the Yamaha is better?

Yamaha works perfectly for me with 4kHDR and PS4 Pro. Can't comment on the Sony unit.

Regards night listening, just set a preset to one of the memory buttons. Job done.

Anyone use the feet that are supplied, Im wondering what the clearance is roughly, I need about 2cm as my TV stand is big, So I need the soundbar to sit slightly over the tv stand so it all fits on my cabinet ok.

Most stores had it for £649 just before Xmas & during the January sale period. I nearly bought one & had a price match with JL at that price.

Price was £799 now gone up to £899 [emoji20] I'm hanging on to see the new wave of Atmos sound bars released this year before I make a purchase.

Is anyone else experiencing the sound dropping out occasionally. I have the source as TV with optical cable from TV > Soundbar. TV is Samsung ES7000 so relatively up to date. Have Sky going through a freeview modulator to shift the audio / video into co-ax cable. Might have to try the CAT6 baluns instead if its just an issue receiving the sound via the TV.

Firmware is updated to 1.13. Apart from this issue I love the soundbar, so much better than the built in TV speakers.

That sounds incredibly complicated!! Can't you just connect to TV via ARC and hdmi to the bar with everything else?

Will this soundbar work in a room where the tv is in the left corner, there is a dining room and chairs and the room is rectangular?
I have read that the intellibeam needs to have no clutter and I don't want to buy it if the table, chairs and vivarium will stop the soundbar from working.
I am having a hard time deciding between this soundbar and an AVR with speakers but I'm not sure about the cable wire to the back of the room.
Can I have your advice please and what made you decide on this soundbar?

Last edited:
I plan on putting mine in a corner, will post my feedback in the coming week's if I purchase this soundbar.

Can anyone who uses the supplied feet to raise the soundbar a little, measure what the clearance is under the bar? I need roughly 1-2cm so it fits in front of the TV and on the tv cabinet.

The shape of my tv stand takes up a lot of room.

That sounds incredibly complicated!! Can't you just connect to TV via ARC and hdmi to the bar with everything else?

Yeah it's a PITA but I had sky installed in the garage and the TV is in the lounge which is around 25ft apart, tiled floor so no chance of running an hdmi cable between the two (foolishly didn't do this at build stage) though I do have 2 cat 6 cables run but one needs to be for Ethernet ideally..

Have you got the Oppo or Panny 4k disc player attached to the 2700? If so any issues?

I have neither mate. PS4 Pro/ QNAP TS453A. Might pick up a player at some point.

Will this soundbar work in a room where the tv is in the left corner, there is a dining room and chairs and the room is rectangular?
I have read that the intellibeam needs to have no clutter and I don't want to buy it if the table, chairs and vivarium will stop the soundbar from working.
I am having a hard time deciding between this soundbar and an AVR with speakers but I'm not sure about the cable wire to the back of the room.

It may not work perfectly, but I'm sure that you'll still be very surprised at how effective it can be.

The intellibeam setup is just a starting point. You're better tweaking the "white noise" to suit your ear while actually sitting in your viewing position.

If you buy it from RS you can return it if it's not up to scratch.

My room is far from ideal but it works very well.

Superfi have a deal on atm so I'm waiting to speak to them but I'm feeling this may be the reason to go with a proper surround sound setup. Thanks FadgewackeR

Superfi have a deal on atm so I'm waiting to speak to them but I'm feeling this may be the reason to go with a proper surround sound setup. Thanks FadgewackeR
You can't beat proper setup, but I couldn't be chewed with running wires and chasing sockets about to get what I'd want. I'm amazed at how good a job the bar does, but it's not for everyone.

My situation I tested Bose ST300 and YSP-2700. After looking at both manuals before purchasing I called Yamaha support and they said my room may not work with this soundbar. I was able to pick one up and test it and it did not do well in my environment. The ST300 did work well and I kept it and using it now. Go out to Yamaha and look at the owners manual and see if the ideal room environment that they show in the manual is your situation. If it is great you will probably like this soundbar. If it is not and where you purchase has a return policy pick it up and test it for yourself.

My room is this shape and the bar works well, once you set it up properly. The Mrs can't hear the difference... But she can't tell the difference between terrestrial TV and 4k...

If I could sit about 3 ft off the wall behind me it'd be even better.

My case i far from ideal, as the manual suggests, but works just fine after a proper setup.

Attachments

• Front Room.jpg
    Front Room.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 205
My room is this shape and the bar works well, once you set it up properly. The Mrs can't hear the difference... But she can't tell the difference between terrestrial TV and 4k...

If I could sit about 3 ft off the wall behind me it'd be even better.

My case i far from ideal, as the manual suggests, but works just fine after a proper setup.

Just curious as the Yamaha 2nd tier support was suppose to call me 5 days a go and still has not. How do you calibrate both sound and beam and save both? The customer service tier 1 did not know and tier 2 was suppose to call me 5 days ago. After waiting a couple of days and calling back in they still could not get someone to call me. I decided to return the Yamaha. Wondering if both would have gotten calibrated if it would have sounded better in my environment.

Just curious as the Yamaha 2nd tier support was suppose to call me 5 days a go and still has not. How do you calibrate both sound and beam and save both? The customer service tier 1 did not know and tier 2 was suppose to call me 5 days ago. After waiting a couple of days and calling back in they still could not get someone to call me. I decided to return the Yamaha. Wondering if both would have gotten calibrated if it would have sounded better in my environment.
It would have sounded much better.

All you need to do is calibrate one, then the other to suit your ear, then save to M1 (or 2 or 3... your choice). You just press M1 on the remote for 3 seconds, then confirm.

That way you can have your particular setups saved for particular situations. For me, I have a TV / Movie setup on M1, Music setup on M2 and Sport Setup on M3. I do not use the DSP for any of it, just tweak the settings available to me.

Will have the 2700 soundbar soon, is there anything I should do with regards to settings.

Anything that is best off or on?

For now Ive only got a 1080p set and ps4/xbox but do plan to upgrade to a 4k set and ps4 pro eventually.

Leave the DSP off. Makes stuff sound too processed to me...
Use Intellibeam setup only to get the basic sound profile of your room.
Calibrate it to sound how you want, where you sit, by altering the beam length / angle / volume to suit how you want the sound to be pronounced (after initial intellibeam setup).
Change the bass / mid / treble settings to suit your ear.
Save your favoured setups for different situations (see above).

Enjoy!

Leave the DSP off. Makes stuff sound too processed to me...
Use Intellibeam setup only to get the basic sound profile of your room.
Calibrate it to sound how you want, where you sit, by altering the beam length / angle / volume to suit how you want the sound to be pronounced (after initial intellibeam setup).
Change the bass / mid / treble settings to suit your ear.
Save your favoured setups for different situations (see above).

Enjoy!

Thanks, I normally turn all the processing stuff off on most of my devices, as for the saving setup modes, I will likely only need 1 for movies/gaming and a quite night mode.

Quick question with everything running on ARC connection will the soundbar turn on when I turn my TV on if I want to just watch normal freeview TV, I only really want the soundbar on for movies and gaming.

Thanks, I normally turn all the processing stuff off on most of my devices, as for the saving setup modes, I will likely only need 1 for movies/gaming and a quite night mode.

Quick question with everything running on ARC connection will the soundbar turn on when I turn my TV on if I want to just watch normal freeview TV, I only really want the soundbar on for movies and gaming.

You can have the ARC set to control or not. Your choice. I have it on for everything and crank it up when I game / watch a film.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom