If you have saved all your setting in to memory 1, do you push mode one after this as it’s the same button?
HDMI modes are nothing to do with the System Memory buttons. The setting is reached through the Advanced Setup menu.

HDMI modes are nothing to do with the System Memory buttons. The setting is reached through the Advanced Setup menu.
Have saved my setting to memory button 1. And have changed 4K to mode one in advanced settings. Does the 4K mode one automatically turn on or do you need to enable this each time you use the sound bar? If so which button is it to enable?

Pretty much, just change to Stereo for Net radio at times, but to be honest, it sounds well on surround too! I have my Surround setup on M1 (memory 1) and my Stereo Setup on M2.

I found that setting up the surround with the auto sensing thing was a good start, but I needed to go into the beam length and angle setup to really bring it out in my room.
My beam settings and target are greyed out in MusicCast app. Why is this? And how do you change?
Thanks

Hi, I've just bought this Yamaha unit and would appreciate your expert advice, please. I have it linked via HDMI ARC to a Samsung UE49MU6400 and ran the set up with the supplied mic. The room is rectangular and whislt the soundstage is quite wide, I expected more in the way of a surround experience.

My question is how do I know whether the unit is providing 5.1 surround sound?

When watching a 5.1 source from Netflix, and if I press the 'Info' button on the Yamaha remote, the unit displays 'PCM / Dolby PLIIx'.

The other slight issue I have is that the TV now turns itself on (from standby)after a few hours, which didn't occur before it was hooked up with the Yamaha. Would appreciate help with this, please.
Thanks.

Hello DaveyBoy,

Have you solved the issue that the TV turns itself on from standy? I'm experiencing this too on the YSP-2700 connected to a Samsung UE55M6600 TV.

Thank you.

My beam settings and target are greyed out in MusicCast app. Why is this? And how do you change?
Thanks
You need to use the remote to set this, not the app.

Hello DaveyBoy,

Have you solved the issue that the TV turns itself on from standy? I'm experiencing this too on the YSP-2700 connected to a Samsung UE55M6600 TV.

Thank you.
Noone else experiencing this issue? It's quite annoying to me. Every couple of hours the TV is suddenly turned on.

Noone else experiencing this issue? It's quite annoying to me. Every couple of hours the TV is suddenly turned on.
That sounds like an ARC compatibility issue. Unfortunately these sort of problems are not uncommon with ARC and happen with certain make/model combinations. Each manufacturer will blame the other. The only solution is to not use ARC and instead use a digital optical cable for TV audio.

Thank you for replying! So should I disable the Control connection in the on-screen menu on the YSP? I have an optical cable connected between the soundbar and the TV. Is disabling the menu-option enough?

Yes, that should do it. I had some different weirdness when I had a YSP-2500. So for my current setup with a YSP-2700 I turned off ARC from the get go.

What is the best height for the mic when using the beam setup
Is it same height as sound bar? As previous people in this thread have mentioned
Or
The height of your viewing when sat down?

Yes, that should do it. I had some different weirdness when I had a YSP-2500. So for my current setup with a YSP-2700 I turned off ARC from the get go.
Thanks for the advice. It works. The TV no longer turns itself on automatically. The sound is great! Just waiting for the delivery of my couch, then the mic-setup is due :)

Yes, this. Try to position it the same height as your ears. Placing the included cardboard stand on your sofa should be about right.
Thanks for the reply. I have miss placed the cardboard stand unfortunately. Was going to put a side table on the sofa so should be about right height. Having the mic on a table instead of the cardboard stand will be ok? As in will not effect the beam?

I’m not sure, but it might do as you are introducing a hard flat surface. I would try to use something else. You could just sit still and hold it, not a nice experience though due to the calibration sounds.

I recently picked up a 2700 and am quite impressed with it. I'd previously had a 5.1 surround system but due to reorganising the room I had to ditch that and go with a soundbar. Whilst not up to the original 5.1 setup it's pretty damn good for its size.

I do have one issue with it though and wonder if anyone has come across anything like this....

TV is a Samsung UE43J5500 connected to the ARC HDMI port, Sky Q box connected to HDMI 1 and Samsung Blu-ray DVD connected to HDMI 2.

I turn both the TV and the 2700 on with the TV Remote, then turn the Sky Q box on and select HDMI 1 on the 2700 Remote. Picture comes up on the TV and sound from the 2700 as expected. But after a matter of seconds, (maybe 10 to 20), the sound stops completely from the 2700 though the picture continues on the TV. If I press HDMI 1 again on the 2700 Remote sound then returns and remains for as long as I have the Sky Q box, TV and 2700 on. But if I turn everything off then the next time I turn it all back on the same thing happens and I have to press HDMI 1 again for sound to continue!

This doesn't happen when selecting the Blu-ray Player or the TV, (using, say, Netflix); only when I select Sky Q. The 2700 is obviously passing video through to the TV from the Sky box, so why the strange sound issue.

Any thoughts?

TIA and Best Regards

Peter

hi there,

I'm looking to order Yamaha YSP-2700 soundbar. Just got few questions about it;

Firstly, my living room is square, however from where I sit there is a couch along the right hand wall. On the left hand side wall there are two windows and book shelf in the middle and behind me there is another window.
Soundbar going to be about 50cm off the ground inside a tv unit. Will this soundbar work in this type of environment?

Also, how close does the subwoofer need to he to the sound bar? What kind is it? Downsizing or side firing?

TIA

It is really hard to predict how good the the effect will be. Regular shape rooms normally work best and the auto-calibration will do it's best for your environment.

The "subwoofer" actually carries some midrange and is completely forward firing (no other ports). As a result it is best to keep it central and quite close to the soundbar.

It is really hard to predict how good the the effect will be. Regular shape rooms normally work best and the auto-calibration will do it's best for your environment.

The "subwoofer" actually carries some midrange and is completely forward firing (no other ports). As a result it is best to keep it central and quite close to the soundbar.

Thanks for your response.

The subwoofer will position about 60cm off the left from the soundbar. Will this be an issue?

The manual recommends placing the subwoofer just to the side of the soundbar and angled inwards to the centre (I don't do that). Whilst the sub is wireless I use it wired for extra reliability/stability.

In theory, I should remove the chair on the right as it may block beams. But apparently people don't like sitting on the floor.

65GZ950B.JPG

Hi guy's, yesterday all of a sudden I noticed my yamaha ysp-2700 didnt sound right and when I checked there didn't seem to be any bass coming from the subwoofer and thought it was strange so tested each channel and I got signals back from everything apart from a small dull noise from sub. I even put an action film on which I know has bass and still hardly anything. I tried wireless and wired on the sub??

Hello, apologise if this has already been addressed.
Im running my Sony UBX-700, into my YSP2700, which is connected to my Philips 55PUS6754/12. I noticed when i run the player straight into the TV & have the audio sent to the YSP2700 the picture is infinitely better than straight into the YSP2700. My question is are there any way to improve the picture from the YSP? seems a shame to take up 2 HDMI ports when i should be able to do it in one. (I also tried running audio & picture into the TV but i couldn't get Dolby TRUE-HD from the YSP2700. I have the YSP set to HDMI 1 in the advanced settings.

Your TV probably doesn’t pass multichannel audio, so connect the BR to the TV for picture and soundbar for audio. That’s the only real option here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom