Yamaha YSP 2200 Surround Questions

AndyBee

Novice Member
Hi All,

I'm new on the forums ans completely new to home cinema, I have inherited a Yamaha YSP 2200, set it up and have a few questions.

I have Virgin Tivo, Xbox 360 and apple TV all connected to the soundbar via HDMI, then one HDMI out to the TV. I have Calibrated the system (automatically) and it does sound really great.............when the surround sound decides to work.

The issue I'm having is that I started watching Avengers Assemble through Netflix on my Virgin box and the blue surround light came on, all good, surround appeared to be working fine. I stopped watching and came back to it a little later and decided to try Netflix through Apple TV, this time an orange light was displayed on the soundbar. For whatever reason I stopped it again and resumed through Apple TV the next day and no light was displayed at all and now doesn't appear to for anything I watch through Apple TV. I have checked audio setting and everything appears to be set to Dolby Digital or Auto.

Just wondered if anyone had experienced the same issues and if so how were they resolved?

Thanks.

Andy.

AndyBee

Novice Member
Update:

Play through Netflix on the Virgin Box and I get the blue light.

Play through Netflix on Apple TV and I get no light.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

AndyBee

Novice Member
After a bit of research it seems the latest update to Apple TV has stopped surround working through Netflix, hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom